Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door

supra2

Members dont see this ad

The advantage for me is rear camber because with a live axel the rear tires are just dying on the outside, I'll be fitting it so that the axels will be straight at the ride height I want and my dad does suspension for a living so we will be modifying it to make it full adjustable, it will have -1° camber same as he sets up wrx's, Evo's, Datsuns etc, and with my wheels on the ra65 rear the wheel track is perfect. As for the diff I could either go with a mini spool or fit a different diff to allow for an lsd

Glad to hear your not going into it blind Justin. Major suspension mods can be a real headache, and hard to change once its fully welded.

Rone, The flares are my TA64 group b celica replica. I have the molds for the complete car if your thinking of building one.

Thanks Kina, Those 2tg and 18rg covers car be ugly.

The advantage for me is rear camber because with a live axel the rear tires are just dying on the outside, I'll be fitting it so that the axels will be straight at the ride height I want and my dad does suspension for a living so we will be modifying it to make it full adjustable, it will have -1° camber same as he sets up wrx's, Evo's, Datsuns etc, and with my wheels on the ra65 rear the wheel track is perfect. As for the diff I could either go with a mini spool or fit a different diff to allow for an lsd

The datsun 1600 of my dads,I'm doing the rear end of atm is a POS. Please tell me the celica setup is better than that? I'm currently doing adjustable trailing arm mounts, in the hopes I can lose the huge amounts of geometry change, through the wheel travel.

Sorry back on topic. Cam cover looks awesome! Any chance on running either cars down south in Mexico? I'd love to see your handy work in person.

Edited by kickn5k

Hey Stuart,

We ran the Celica in the Seemore Stages Rally in 2011 as part of the 2wd rallymaster series. If they include a round in Vic next year, Id say we will be there in the Corolla.

All those trailing A arm irs suspension have the same problem. Any one who has owned a pre VE Commodore with irs will know the inside edges of the rear tyres wont last long.

The Celica and Dattos are the same but the toyota irs is a bit more robust.

The best static wheel alignment setting is 0 camber at ride height and 6mm toe in for the celica and up to 10mm toe in for the datto. This is for racing, not road use.

After years of running these irs in gravel rallies, I found setting them with POSITIVE camber works really well if the car is using a lot of wheel travel.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Will.

The quad bodies did'nt work very well, they caused more problems than improvements.

So have remade the manifold with a single body from a 7mg cressida.

Back on the dyno again on Monday for WRC at Coffs next week then round 3 2wd Rallymaster the weekend after.

Iam looking forward to a break after that so I can make some progress on the 30.

post-17707-0-92687800-1378533626_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...