Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door

supra2

Members dont see this ad

Ok for a road car. No good for rally.

Any thing slotted for alignment will move unless a washer is welded in place to hold the adjustment which makes changes a pain.

I am using rose joints on the front radius rods and lower control arms,but not where they would be subject to a side ways load on the joint.

Ive mod the inner bush mount to adjust camber and toe useing falcon alignment shims. Once its set it can't move,but still allows for easy changes.

They are old vn commodore struts.

They work well as they allow some serious widening to the front track and still keep the shock working in a vertical position.

Best of all, the wreckers can't give them away so they are really cheap.

The struts in the photo are my old bilstens ive used for many years.

The Corolla will borrow the MCAs from the group b celica as they are based on the same leg.

Hey Snot.

Here is some mod info on pre vr commodore struts that may be helpfull.

Cheap

Coil over kits to suit tube size are easy to get.

You can buy a commodore v8 bilsten to bolt straight in which I found worked well in the lighter celica or corolla.

They come with bigger alloy caliper brakes and the twin spot vt caliper bolts straight on.

The toyota strut top bearing is the same dia so you can use the celica/corolla strut top.

The celica has the same wheel bearings so the toyota hub fits the commodore stub.Just have to use the holden lock nut as the stub thread is different.

Only real mod is to fit the longer lower ball joint to the toyota lower control arm.

There is some expence for a real performance gain, but no where near the cost of buying dedicated performance parts to suit a toyota.

Thanks Stuart.

Ian, the flares are ma61 supra fronts. They need a little reshaping to fit,but they seem to suit the corolla well.

With the ball joint you will need some thick walled tube thats a tight fit on the commodore ball joint cut to approx 10mm long.

Then knock out the toyota joint. Drill a series of holes around the flange in the lower control arm to help remove it.

Then clean up the hole with a die grinder until it fits the thick walled tube. Weld in place and press in new holden ball joint.

I also put a couple of tack welds to ensure the joint wont move.