March 12, 201313 yr Author comment_650000 Hi Justin. Yep they will be flush, just havent trimmed them yet untill the reo plates are on. I can just hear the scrutineering out cry now if I turned up to a rally like it is. lol Report
March 19, 201313 yr comment_650744 Certainly looks solid, if you don't mind me saying so! :yes: Report
March 20, 201313 yr Author comment_650851 don't mind at all. The subframe mounts are right under the roll cage main hoop mounts so should make for a nice stiff shell. Finished the rear quarter repairs. Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_650860 those updates are a couple days late haha gonna look trick with some paint Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_650868 mate this thing is tops!!! nice build so far look forward to seeing it on the dirt!! go hard Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_650892 You realise that this much work makes you drive slow! You spend too much time thinking "Arrgh, have to miss that ... hate to bend the suspension..." "SLOWER!! might run off and break something..!!" Report
March 21, 201313 yr Author comment_650915 I know exactly what you mean. Although we havent had an event here for a while because of the weather, I think I would have those issues in the TA64 Celica. The main reason for building the corolla is to go fast again and not be to concerned with the normal " wear and tear" of rally. The sport can be,and is expensive.as you know, So I want this car to be fast, strong and reliable. I consider these long weekends away at events as mini holidays and with the cost of fuel and tyres and travel, nothing is more anoyimg than something breaking in the first 100m. I guess it is a lot of work, but I do enjoy most of it and its so much easier to get the mods done now . Hows the RA40 going? Report
March 21, 201313 yr comment_650916 "quiescent"... We are onto it this Sunday as I head up to Qld for a few days, then Steve has Easter on it. Once the front suspension is back on we can worry about ride height and handling, and could do the next rally without doing anything else on it. However, there are ALWAYS more things to do, to plan, to try... Improvements rather than builds! Report
March 21, 201313 yr Author comment_650957 Its never ending. And can be all consuming if you let it, but what a rush when all is going well. Under the car is now all finished. YA Ive laid a single layer of fibreglass over the leading edge of the floor well. It wont stop rocks, but will help reduce the wear from being blasted with dirt and gravel. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now