February 19, 201313 yr Author comment_647906 Made a mount plate for the Tilton pedal box. The holes in the plate take some weight out and allow it to be welded to the body rail under the floor to reduce flex under hard pedal presure. Report
February 19, 201313 yr Author comment_647933 A few more ke30 parts to go that I wont be useing. Report
February 22, 201313 yr Author comment_648114 A Celica steering column attached to the Corolla mount. Report
February 22, 201313 yr comment_648131 This thread is turning into a daily video diary I look forward to updates and its not even looking like a car, Mate I'm a huge fan, not only for the diversity, but the hands on approach especially to attention to detail, Thats a huge thing from me, as I'm not easily phased, Top work for wanting to stand out from the crowd, and those are things i look for Report
February 23, 201313 yr Author comment_648214 Thanks for the support Carlos. Iam glad you are finding this stuff interesting. Steering column is in and all connected up and working. Also the roll cage steel turned up. Its CDS, cold drawn seamless from Performance Metals. They now import the stuff from Germany. Report
February 25, 201313 yr Author comment_648371 Just had a big weekend on the pipe bender. Got all the bendy bits finished. Report
February 25, 201313 yr comment_648373 That looks pretty good! Out of curiosity what sort of pipe bender did you use? something a backyarder could aquire? Report
February 25, 201313 yr Author comment_648390 The bender is a Speedwerks product as is the tube notcher. Any one can buy them, but not cheap unless you plan to do a lot of work. The bender will produce a almost mandel bend. 100% better than an exhaust bend. The tube notcher cuts a perfect joint to weld. Ive built a few cages now, but working out the bend and cut angles to get a nice even close fitting cage still gives me a huge headache. Report
February 27, 201313 yr comment_648651 This build log is awesome, I wish I had half your pace! At the moment I'm not sure I'm going to make my first khana at the end of April! Keep it up :) Report
February 28, 201313 yr Author comment_648661 Thanks snot35. I try to do at least 1 thing every day. Even on really busy days at work, I might pick up a new nut and bolt or bracket that Ill need later in the build. Its just 1 little thing. But suddenly at the end of the month you find your 30 jobs ahead on the build. I found it progresses the build even on days that you don't feel like doing any work. Which happens a lot. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now