Raven's Ke36 Panel Van

Raven

*Update 2*

It drives well, doesnt leak oil but has a slight head gasket leak, which isnt cool but I don't have the money to fix it at the moment.

Stereo is installed. Speakers installed in the back.

Fitted my set of hinges, replaced the nylon collars (all 4 of them with brand spanking new ones) on the hinges and readjusted the back door. Now it actually stays open. :D

I fitted up my KE35 seats today. Also used the sound dampening stuff from behind the back seat assembly of a KE30 sedan and used it to sound dampen the floor in the panel van (they don't come out with it). Nice and comfy now. I then went to vote at my old primary school, backed up as i was leaving the school grounds and dented the rear bumper on a netball goal (not like it wasnt already shagged anyway), so i'm not too fussed about that.

So once i've paid off my speeding fine, i'll replace the rear bumper, spray my bonnet matt black might even bump up the compression via a head shaving once i change the head gasket and see how it goes from there.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

*Update 3*

* Changed the seats to KE35 items

* Recarpeted the back

* Gave the car a dorifto-spec matt black bonnet

* Put new numberplates on it cos the old ones were kinda shot and illegal

* Added Shelf under dash in the passenger side

Thats about it. Here's some pics!

post-600-1148618995_thumb.jpg post-600-1148619179_thumb.jpg

post-600-1148619209_thumb.jpg post-600-1148619236_thumb.jpg

Edited by AE35

The hubbies arent 100% straight. Well, 1 or 2 of them arent. Havent really looked. I may be sourcing a set of rims for it in the near future, so u never know, those hubcaps might end up being for sale.

*Update 4*

Started running on 3 cylinders today whe i started it.

Got the car home, pulled the rocker cover off and i'd bent a pushrod pretty bad and it sorta wasnt sitting under the rocker arm anymore :P

Straightened it up, put it back in, adjusted everything and its still running on 3 cylinders.

So all in all, i reckon i've either cracked a piston or bent a valve, cos the valve aint returning to the proper height.....

*Update 4*

Started running on 3 cylinders today whe i started it.

Got the car home, pulled the rocker cover off and i'd bent a pushrod pretty bad and it sorta wasnt sitting under the rocker arm anymore :P

Straightened it up, put it back in, adjusted everything and its still running on 3 cylinders.

So all in all, i reckon i've either cracked a piston or bent a valve, cos the valve aint returning to the proper height.....

Hey man, I just replied in my old thread about the motor. But if you want a cheap fix i might have a head you can chuck on. I've got at least 4 in the shed in various states, one of them may be a 3k. definately got a 4k one if you want to chuck some forced induction on...

Scott.