Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ra65 St Coupe

Featured Replies

  • Author

Fitted shorter power steering arms to this now. It apparently extremely rare to have a manual steer one. As most all are power. Makes power steering arms easy to get though. Compared to a quaife rack in a rolla, the change was mild, but still effective. Its much easier to toss around and park, however I have discovered that since the roadworthy the rack ends have worn out.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 233.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I have the molds here if you ever decide you want a rally replica. Looks like a very nice ra65 and the coupe is getting very rare to find.

  • Holy shit those wheels are ace!

  • Did you get the A/C fixed? If not, give me a yell. i now have all the gear, seals,oil, recovery system and gas which is HFC direct replacement for R12 and 134A.

Posted Images

Those are excellent wheels.

Aren't these called notchbacks? And the ra65s are cool cars not many people know much about them and congrats on finding such a clean one, I look foward to future updates!

  • Author

The more modern car kids of today would call them a notch. In all official rego or Toyota documentation they refer to them as liftback and coupe, this being the coupe. There is also a rare sun-chaser convertible.

 

This car needs springs and shocks so bad. I might leave it close to full height so its rally spec still.

Most probably sun affected like a lot of early Toyotas

  • Author

Yeah someone gave it a light tap in previous years, but the skin has really warped a lot more than the steel.

 

Going to the mechanics this afternoon so I can have the new rack ends fitted. Then it should be a tonne better to steer. It was wandering a bit with the wider tyres now, its exposed how bad the rack ends are. Should be able to get a meaningful wheel alignment now anyhow.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

  • Author

Just had the new rack ends fitted and a wheel alignment. Made a massive improvement. Also made some adjustments with economy in mind. Would the air flow meter adjuster back a tiny bit, lowered the idle and checked the base timing.

 

I was also able to make more power upon first touch of the throttle by simply deleting the retard part of the vacuum dizzy control. Made a massive difference.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Noticed I was losing a small amount of coolant. Looked around and found water marks indicating a leak from one of the throttle body coolant hoses. I swapped it over, so I hope that fixes it. I also noticed the front main seal is leaking, so I will have to get it changed over soon also. Old cars, gotta love em.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.