Alfa Rwd V6 In Ke70

pinky

was talking to transport and can increase to 2500cc carburetor and 2100cc fuel injected been doing heaps of research on heaps of conversions like 4a/sa/ca/rb but i really want a v6 or v8 road legal ke70 and so far have only found a alfa has a v6 2.5 i know it would be alot of work and heaps of custom parts and alot of money what is everyone thoughts? but would be one very unique ke70

Members dont see this ad

Alfa would be way cool and probably sound amazing

In v6's Toyota had the 2MZ-FE (2496 cc, 200hp. Camry in AUS, others in japan) and the older 2VZ-FE (2507 cc, 159hp. Camry and lexus es250) and 4vz-fe (japan only, 2496cc, 173hp). Camry engines are dime a dozen.

There's also straight sixes like the rb25de, 1jz-ge,

All of those are 2.5's though so you'd have to run carbs. This works well on the RB, dunno about the others..

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you live where you can only put a 2100cc carb motor or 2500cc fuel injected motor (assuming thats NA too) into a ke70? Sounds very low...

you read the post the wrong way round,2.5 carbed,2.1njected

In QLD it's something like 3.8L N/A (Buick V6, in other words :no2:), which is 200cc shy of the coveted 1UZ-FE that everyone seems to want. There's some little Rover V8 you can register a KE70 with, but really, who'd be dumb enough to put a *shit*ish engine in? Biggest forced induction is 2.1L from memory, basically restricting you to the likes of SR20DET and 3S-GTE, or RB20DET's.

What is it with people and this idea that cubic centimetres = power? If the engine's a hunk of shit it's still gonna get chopped by 1600's and 2 litres' with a far better engine design.

you read the post the wrong way round,2.5 carbed,2.1njected

I read it correctly, just mistyped. I still don't understand why you would be limited to such small motors and I have never heard of anywhere differentiating between carby and fuel injected before.

Mazda make some small capacity v6's....all essentially the same motor like 3/4/5k's - 1.8lt from eunos 30x, 2lt from 626 iirc and 2.5lt from second gen mx6. No idea what gearbox you can mount to them though which is the other thing you need to bare in mind when looking at fwd motors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Alfa motor could be ok, but not the best motor out there though, hope you don't mind oil leaks too !! Also originally it had the clutch down the rear with the Gear box, so you will need a custom bell housing & flywheel too & need to obviously put something other than the Alfa gear box behind the motor too ..