July 29, 201412 yr Author comment_686237 Thanks! :) Today i was bit lazy so I only removed the parking lights and opened them. Lots of restoring there! Does anyone know where I could possibly get Koito parts or old but good condition parking lights? I have also been hunting for the seal/weatherstrip for the little windows in doors, anyone seen any or have any tips for me to fix them? Report
September 19, 201412 yr Author comment_688524 Hello everyone! Just a quick question; Does all 3-K engines work with unleaded fuel or should I get some additive lead? -Cheers :) Report
October 1, 201411 yr Author comment_689013 Hello everyone! I was thinking of doing one massive update, but I want to know do you like the shape of the flares? The guy who I asked for help did not show up so I did it myself. 1/4 completely done, all others are under work. propably going to get the other rear quarter ready this weekend. I've just been very busy with school... And great news! When I get my salary I will immediately buy genuine minilites 13x7 4x110 :thumbsup: Don't be scared! That spray paint can is only as weight to keep that cover from falling to the fresh paint. Only good epoxy primer and proper spray gun used :) P.S. The amount of body filler is scary.. hope it wont be bad during winter times. Report
November 4, 201411 yr comment_690256 Very nice !! Can you tell me- is your KE10 from 1966 or 1967? The dash is the same as my old the one... but I can't remember my boot lid (trunk) looking like that. http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/67584-hello-new-here/ Cheers Report
November 4, 201411 yr comment_690257 If it's Australian delivered it can only be a 67 or later :) There was only one 66 Corolla in Australia as a demo/review car. Report
November 5, 201411 yr comment_690275 You are 16 and doing all of this?! Far out nice man. I'll get there soon! Just bought a ke10 to learn :) Goodluck with it all mate. Report
November 5, 201411 yr comment_690286 The guy who I asked for help did not show up That's a shame- The only thing to remember is to use a long tool for big areas. Even a long piece of wood about 100mm wide (could be down to 50mm) by 20mm thick by 300mm long. You could glue/nail some thin rubber (tyre inner tube) to one side so it is slightly softer. Hold sandpaper wrapped around it and sand away. You could make handles for it or buy the tools from panel-beating shops, but any flat surface that holds sandpaper does the job. Make a shorter one for tighter curves. It is easiest to work on doors off the car, but guards get floppy when taken off. Report
November 6, 201411 yr Author comment_690332 Thank you all for supporting! :) It's always nice to get a little comments and conversation. Can you tell me- is your KE10 from 1966 or 1967? Same thing here in Finland, we don't have any 1966 model. So it's 1967. You are 16 and doing all of this?! Well 17 if it makes a difference, but yes I've done almost everything myself. Just got help for couple of welds :P You could make handles for it or buy the tools from panel-beating shops... I have this 350mm plane shaped sanding tool. Havent really used anything else than that, small sanding block, hands and a bright lamp to see uneven spots. :) I actually finished the other front quarter last weekend. Only rear quarter to do, the other side is so close to finished that it doesn't count. It's getting bit stressful as I have lots of work from school and I can only build the car in the weekends. First snow came today so weather is not on my side anymore.. Would you like to have a little onboard driving video? -Teemu Report
November 6, 201411 yr comment_690346 I forgot you are in Finland. I believe Australia were the first country outside of Japan to get the Corolla so yours too can only be a 67 onwards. Those fenders look fantastic! Seeing this makes me want to grab a second KE10 and build a bosozoku/shakotan car :yes: Report
November 10, 201411 yr comment_690450 So weird seeing everything on the wrong side! Haven't played the vid with sound yet (at work) but it looks good! Report
December 21, 201411 yr Author comment_692091 I'm just going to leave this here. Loving them :lovin: Report
December 21, 201411 yr comment_692100 Good to see some fellow young scandinavians on here! looking good! the car is wonderfull and the rims will fit it ! I'll be following this for sure! :D whats done to the engine apart from the Huge cam? I'm building a 3k myself so I'm kind of curius... your engine got theese valves with the stem seal on top of the retainer ? :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now