Family Truckster - Toyota Corolla Ae95 Sr5 Wagon

silverra23

Been a while since I posted... too many forums to post in LOL.

Thread post from May on another forum...

She is just about to roll over the 250,000km milestone - she has done a lot of km's this year already!

I manged to score some AE92 rola roof racks off gumtree and fitted them up as soon as they arrived. Will be able to put a bike carrier on now which is one of the original aims when purchasing the family truckster.

Racks.PNG

Pretty keen to lower it with some coilovers for the front and lowered springs for the rear. If I do that the nudge bar will come off. And still need to sort out the stereo and the window tint!

Members dont see this ad

And yesterday

Pulled the garnish off the bonnet/hood today and gave it a good wash. She is looking good.

No%2520Beak.JPG

Replaced a blown globe in the heater control unit so now it lights up again.

I ran the diagnostic to try and work out why my check engine light comes on when cruising at 80km/h - no dice, no codes. Do they only get stored for a certain number of starts? (Turns out stupid me changed the battery first, neatly clearing the codes at the same time)

I also put a new battery in it, thinking that it would cure my slow cranking on cold morning. Again no dice. Might have a starter issue. Le sigh....

Reckon the nudge bar is next to go.. and then ride height... and tints... and that stereo needs to go too. Really sick of AM radio!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the nudge bar would have only made it worse!

Will visit the panel beaters today, I am pretty certain that the work required to restore the rail, inner guard, headlight bucket and rad support panel back to their proper place in the world will make her a write off. Sad :(

You'd be surprised, I put a ke70 into a tree because some stupid bint in a Camry was on my side of the road on a blind corner..

Bent the rail, rad support and side of engine bay.. They pulled it all out "mm perfect" on a rack and welded any bits of split metal.. Only charged me $300 and took them 4 hours including paint

My panel beater reckons he can fix it.. so he is going to give the quote to the insurance company and see what they reckon.

Think its opportune time to put the flat bonnet one it I have been wanting, and fling the nudge bar!

• 4 weeks later...

Updates...

She is in at the panel beaters getting repaired. Will come back out with a seca style flat bonnet, and a series 1 front bar, and SX lip too. I hope it looks good!

Before she went in I managed to source some genuine cupholders for her.

Cupholders.JPG

I also have been wanting a nice leather steering wheel for her. Since all the SX ones generally have stuffed leather, I followed Micko's lead and have grabbed a ST162 Celica leather wheel. Looks the part. Feels the part. Apparently just bolts on. That will go on when she comes out of the panel shop. Well spent $45 I reckon!

Celica%2520Wheel.JPG

Lucky your not in nsw it would be a rite off the assesor wouldnt even look at it.

I have a mate with a panel shop he said they told him if its 5 years old and has a dent its gone.

Looking at that damage, and some of the cars i have seen so called (rite offs)yours would be so far gone its not funny.

I hate insurance companys they are scum bags

rob

Shannons are a little more sensible than that and my panel beater is a Toyota club member and enthusiast so we worked together to ensure she lived on.

Yes t series diff I am told but having never pulled one apart I have no idea what axles they run.