Ke35 Market Value?

Stroudy37

hey everyone, just a quick query.

looking at buying a ke35 the guy is asking $5,500 for the car yet it has no roof lining or carpet. rust has been welded and it has been re painted (in my opinion a crappy colour) in hemi orange with a black hood. Old Torana style. From what I understand, the guy doesnt have most of the front grill assembly either and the car is running a 4k engine with high cam.

To me this car is worth a max of $3,500, and thats pushing it.

I saw a ke35 go on one of there forums earlier this year for $5,500 and it was a complete rebuild with a 4age in it I think and everything was immaculate.

But as I havent really had any experience with old school corollas as yet, was more of a WB ute kind of person, I though I would ask.

unfortunately i can't upload pictures from my phone but I will as soon as I get to my computer.

Members dont see this ad

post-7052-0-93303000-1408187524.gif

5500!!! tell him hes dreaming!!

i have owned a few 35's, they come up occasionally, and usually good examples for resonable prices, if its not complete, and had rust and your unsure whats under the paint, theres no way id pay 5.5

i sold an absolute mickey mouse 35 about 4 yrs ago for 3g, months later i saw it in justcars and ebay for 8grand. it never sold. luckly they don't have the big price tag that some datsuns/mazdas are fetching. id keep looking around but make him a offer and let him know where you stand and why. he may find hes being unrealistic. remember for a price that high id be wanting a rebuilt car. not needing to put any money into it and everything fresh. each to there own but yeh incomplete, bit rough round the edges, rego $1000-2000

good luck there cool cars