Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke/ae/te

Featured Replies

Has anyone ever thought about having a collection of 3 identical base models with the different drive trains eg te70 ke 70 ae71 coz I have a ke 30 with a k and once I'm basically done the seals and bushes in it I'm going to 4age and t50 my other 30 why not get the te30 too

All cost effective conversions, if you have the space to keep them...............why not?

I currently own a AE71 (4AGE), TE72 (3TC) and KE70 (4KC).

 

Does that count?

  • Author

ʞ©$ɟ yeah b lug sounds great that's exactly what I want to do but with the 30's I mean nothing says Carolla entusiast more ae :) plus how do you find the tc?? Never had anything to so with then??? Much like the k counter part??

  • Author

And sorry bub I know nothing ce70?? What's the difference like what motor box diff comep it with?

You need a CE70

 

I'd be hunting down another TE71 before that happens. ;).

 

ʞ©$ɟ yeah b lug sounds great that's exactly what I want to do but with the 30's I mean nothing says Carolla entusiast more ae :) plus how do you find the tc?? Never had anything to so with then??? Much like the k counter part??

And sorry bub I know nothing ce70?? What's the difference like what motor box diff comep it with?

They're old - definitely not a motor that is a drop in a play motor like the 4AGE, need work to pep them up. Dudes build them to be sub 10 second motors so they still have a lot of potential, can take a metric shit tonne of pressure in there when built correctly.

 

I believe he's referring to the Daihatsu Charmant - never Aussie delivered but they are based on E7.

CE70 are diesels, W56? gearbox and S diff

  • Author

Oh I see I'll have to do some research on them and the ce70 earliest model or do they have one based on the 55 and 30?

CE70 are diesels, W56? gearbox and S diff

 

Ahhh, my mistake! And your signature just answered my question - A60 is the code for Charmant?

 

Do you get both CE and Charmants there?

We have the TE, and the AE here mostly. A KE is a rare sight, but were sold.

\/ Some TE's there if you wanna look \/

Edited by Skellington

Just build a full house na 2tg and rev it to the maximum. Theres something about the sound of them at full noise... The k motors are loveable in the same way a fat old dog is. Loyal as ʞ©$ɟ, but no chance of fetching anything real quick. The CE70 is a cool curiousity to aussies, but not worth the effort to convert to. Especially since the stuff never came here. Have to buy from NZ. One wonders if a 2c would fit in its place, but really who cares. If you wanted a diesel corolla youd pick a better motor.

It's good having a collection of old Corollas. You can take one off the road to work on, while having another for a daily driver. There's always setbacks, can be months, sometimes years :). Can be hard to decide what engine to go with, so having a few Corollas gives you options and trying out different setups. Though the money might become an issue.

  • Author

Yeah well I want to do it simply coz the same body so rebuild them one at a time and you won't just be flogging one motor so they should be not too bad money wise especially as I have 6 parts cars lol

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.