st.nick

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That M5 wagon looks sweet, but I think I'd still just get the sedan version. Pity you can't get the 3.8L in Australia. Anyone seen the car chase in Ronin with the M5 versus a Peugeot. I think it was a Peugeot, can't remember, I'll have to watch it again today. Second best car chase ever to the Mustang vs. Charger in Bullitt.

Edited by ancullen

Second best car chase ever to the Mustang vs. Charger in Bullitt.

The chase is cool, but the movies not that great. I like the chase in Gone in 60 Seconds (1974). The chase in the sequal/yet not sequal (Gone in 60 Seconds 2: The Junkman)(1982) isn't that great. It just got a bit too fake how they crashed like over 150 cars. They crashed for the sake of crashing. I like the latest Gone in 60 Seconds chase too.

The first proper M5 was the e28 with the 24 valve 3.5 I6. There were rumoured to be a few e12's with the m1 motor stuffed in built for BMW's top management.

E34 had 3.6 I6, then 3.8 I6.

E39 has the v8,

E65 has THE v10

the first m3 had a 2.3 litre Four cylinder (Quad throttles), then the Evo Sport had 2.5.]

The president of the BMWCCNSW had a 3.8 M5, so I guess he imported it...

yeah, the 3.8L E34 was never officially released in AU... But I imagine there is a handful of them kicking around here privately imported by enthusiasts.

Rolla 4, they re-released the SS wagon recently in the VX or VY lineage... The slogan was "Braggin' Wagon"... I immediately though 'Ha ha ha... another f@$kin crummy-dore!! Sorry Coln... :D Yours looks nice, but just not a fan. Too many experiences of shoddy workmanship.

Stopped at the end of VY.

How do i know this? I unfortunately worked at the biggest and shittiest Holden Dealership in SA and had the last one available come in off the truck from Holdens.

I detailed it and then it got put back on a truck and sent to its owner in Vic and it was Black.

Edited by AE35