Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blzbubs Aw11

Featured Replies

  • Author

That's a good price, will look at getting a kit. For now I have bought a $10 pipe cleaning tool off eBay to clean out the current pipes as good as I can. As it is I need some way to clean the insides of the metal ones anyway.

 

And yeah I'll stay NA, it sounds cool and is peppy enough to be fun.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

  • Replies 320
  • Views 507.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • oldeskewltoy
    oldeskewltoy

    1) Chamber shape and quality didn't change much from 1983-1992 - means largeport and smallport chambers similar size and shape. Same is true for smallport and largeport exhaust port shape.   2) TVIS

  • Pretty much :) this thing is so much fun to drive.  

Posted Images

Big fan, good choice.

I'll get one of these one day.

 

Solid that he refunded some cash, considering he knew you were going long distance in the heat at the time.

  • Author

Head is off. The 'genuine' head gasket was some shitty cheap one.

 

2015-03-31 16.55.55.jpg

2015-03-31 16.55.50.jpg

 

The 'cams' are stock.

 

2015-03-31 15.18.57.jpg

2015-03-31 16.57.13.jpg

 

The pistons however are what I was told and are high comp ones.

 

I'm not an expert but the head bolts didnt feel torqued down enough. The head and block arent pitted, warped or cracked.

 

Plus the gasket doesnt have any noticeable blow outs so I'm guessing the head has lifted due to improper torquing?

 

Look I'm, definitely no expert but I'm just happy its all easily repairable. Maybe the HKS cams will make it in from GZE_illa :y:

Did you get the head crack tested or just visually inspect it?

are the washers under the headbolts???

 

Once you get the head out I'd love to see some photos of the chambers and ports ;)

 

 

OEM Toyota head gasket seals the best, especially if the block deck has not been machined.

+1 for what dave said. Peace of mind and can save you money if it goes sour

  • Author

Head bolts turned up but not the gasket so it'll sit for at least another week I'd say.

 

Might give the interior a really good detail and fix the drivers side power window. I also got a whole bush kit with it too so might get stuck into that.

 

I gave the head a bit of a tidy up.

 

2015-04-02 15.17.50.jpg

2015-04-02 15.41.19.jpg

2015-04-02 16.05.51.jpg

 

At least the pistons look legit. They have STD stamped on them so I'm hoping that means bore and not compression.

 

2015-03-31 17.19.02.jpg

 

If anyone can tell what they are by the pics let me know.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.