Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4Age No Start - Need Help From The Efi Wizards

Featured Replies

  • Author

Let us know how you go with this, I have a twinky that sounds like it has very similar problems. Must get back to it...

 

Mudwasps! grrrr..!!!

 

Have you confirmed fuel pressure at the rail?

 

I messed around with this thing again this afternoon. Got a good battery, compression numbers are from 1st to 4th:

 

Dry: 120, 70, 120, 120

Wet: 220, 240, 230, 240

 

I used a lot of oil...

The weird thing was it fired up momentarily after the wet compression test, it did it last time I tried a wet comp test too. So I've decided it's the compression causing the no start condition. Either way 70psi is not good.

 

So I decided the engine is coming out. Fuel sprayed everywhere when I pulled the fuel rail off so I guess there is pressure.

 

I checked the inlet manifold for debris/mud wasps - was pretty clean inside.

 

I managed to get the manifold and fuel rail/injectors off and tape up the holes before it got dark. I'll do the rest another day, I still don't know how I'm going to get the engine out, I don't own a crane nor anywhere I can hook a block and tackle. I might just get some mates together and lift it out with 2x4s and some rope haha

Edited by rian

  • Replies 54
  • Views 328.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Today I cranked this thing over just hoping it would start, but it didn't. I pulled the spark plugs out and they were covered in fuel, swapped them for new spark plugs and installed the spare ECU. Plu

Posted Images

Dude 120psi is fairly weak too.

I don't own a crane nor anywhere I can hook a block and tackle.

 

Hire one?

 

Make up a timber crane, 4X2's will do but 43 would be better, 3 of them in a pyramid that fits over the engine bay with 3 horizontals holding the bottom of the legs in place.

 

Stripping the motor in place and lifting the block out with mates is fine, but its nicer to put a complete motor back in.

 

Here's ideas-

 

 

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1144&bih=858&q=wooden+engine+crane&oq=wooden+engine+crane&gs_l=img.12...1276.4682.0.6660.19.12.0.2.2.1.600.2551.2-1j4j1j1.7.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.64.img..13.6.1946.WIPcpBkT1Wc

Look for dudes on Gumtree for a crane. I hire one from a guy that's local for like $20 bucks every time I need one.

Also, I don't know where you're at but if you need a hand, let me know.

  • Author

Dude 120psi is fairly weak too.

 

Yeah it's pretty sad, minimum allowable compression is like 125 PSI according to the manual. I'm still surprised it won't even fire on 120 PSI though.

 

 

Hire one?

 

Make up a timber crane, 4X2's will do but 43 would be better, 3 of them in a pyramid that fits over the engine bay with 3 horizontals holding the bottom of the legs in place.

 

Stripping the motor in place and lifting the block out with mates is fine, but its nicer to put a complete motor back in.

 

Here's ideas-

 

 

https://www.google.c...946.WIPcpBkT1Wc

Look for dudes on Gumtree for a crane. I hire one from a guy that's local for like $20 bucks every time I need one.

Also, I don't know where you're at but if you need a hand, let me know.

 

That's a good idea, I could hire one. I just discovered my brother owns one but he lives 2 hours away, I might make the drive.

 

 

So strange to lose compression like that, but the results don't lie. You said it like came to a grinding hault while driving? Weird.

 

Yeah it's really weird, one day it was running sweet - would rev to ~8000rpm and felt really strong. The next drive it just wouldn't rev properly at all, as soon as I started it it was running weird and anything passed 1/4 throttle would make it splutter and misfire. The next time I tried to start it it wouldn't go. There was a few weeks between when it was running perfectly and the first time it wouldn't start, but there was only one drive in that period - it literally went bad in zero running time.

Edited by rian

  • 9 months later...

Sorry to div up an old thread but i was reading this and thought of 2 things, all valves locked up, and a cracked compression ring. Which was it?

  • 2 weeks later...

True- Its annoying when you're hunting down a similar problem and all the suggestions come in, but no-one tells you what happened!!

 

C'mon Rian, what did you find??

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Sorry to keep y'all waiting.

 

I pulled the engine down and everything was intact and clean, the engine just didn't have enough compression to fire. The new engine went in and fired straight up on the same wiring loom and ecu that was running the old engine when it died.

 

It was pretty weird that it lost compression within about a minute of actual driving time.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.