Justin's Ke70

Medicine_Man

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally today I got some time to come up and work on the car once again. Decided to start figuring out the twin carb linkage/balance setup. Managed to buy a set of brackets off Ebay a while ago. Started to modify them a bit and all I have to do now is to weld on an accelerator cable bracket from one of my old 4K carbs..

mini-IMAG1483.jpg

mini-IMAG1484.jpg

mini-IMAG1476.jpg

mini-IMAG1477.jpg

mini-IMAG1479.jpg

mini-IMAG1478.jpg

mini-IMAG1480.jpg

I had alfa linkages (same setup as yours) on my triples for a little while,

I'm not sure if the issue will present with twins (depends on manifold) but they were always problematic to get both throttles opening/closing completely due to the "twist" or stagger cast designed into the manifolds (to clear inner guards etc etc)

Welding the cable wheel on is definitely a cool idea though

• 10 months later...

It is amazing how quickly you can lose track of time. I stuggle these days to get time to work on my own project which sucks..

Managed to notch out some clearance for the M8 socket cap bolts in the manifolds the other weekend.

Also took some meat off the manifolds for the exhaust/extractors while i was going.

Then I found a barb for the vacuum to the brake booster and drilled/tapped the fitting.

Hopefully friday I will drop the accelerator cable off to be modified / shortened then I can fabricate a bracket for it.

mini-IMAG2373.jpg

mini-IMAG2374.jpg

mini-IMAG2375.jpg

mini-IMAG2376.jpg

mini-IMAG2378.jpg

mini-IMAG2474.jpg

mini-IMAG2475.jpg

mini-IMAG2479.jpg

mini-IMAG2482.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well it has been way too long since the last update. Been trying to get a few things done here and there.. Finally managed to get the T series diff in it a while back. Plan on making my own swaybar mounts to weld on rather than hack my old diff up before i sell it.

Today I mounted the accelerator cable i had shortened to the bracket i made. drilled and tapped the adaptor manifold for some m6 bolts to mount the bracket. Also added an extension spring from the bracke to the linkage.

mini-IMG_20150622_095921.jpg

mini-IMG_20150627_120924.jpg

mini-IMG_20150627_120929.jpg

mini-IMG_20150627_120938.jpg

mini-IMG_20150627_120948.jpg

mini-IMG_20150627_122433.jpg

mini-IMG_20150627_122441.jpg