Justin's Ke70

Medicine_Man

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

nope unless something happened i missed last i saw on FB he was building a car to drive while the yellow car was off the road... long time no post tho justin update lol.

He still drives the yellow car unless it is one very much the same, he is building a different car.

Yep, It has been a while since I made an update on this one.

What has been happening is that I have been repainting and fixing up another KE70 I have had sitting in the yard for quite some time. It is close now to being registered and then I will take the yellow car off the road.

While the yellow one is off the road I will be fixing the rust and respraying it all as it is starting to beak out in a few select spots. Then I will be putting the 5K out of Tony's old rally car in as I bought it off him a few months back and will fit all the uprite parts that I have..

• 11 months later...

Well it is about time I made an update to this. Finally got some motivation to do some work to it last weekend with the assistance of Teddy. (Find it hard sometimes between doing jobs for everyone else).

We managed to rip most of the stuff off the old 4K, pulled the old intake manifold and extractors off and did a dummy fit up of the upright gear i have.

Had to drill out some holes in the manifolds earlier in the week at work. Still a bit of work to go in to it but at least I have made a start to it.

P3241181.JPG

P3241182.JPG

P3241195.JPG

• 1 month later...

Had a bit more progress with this today. Managed to pull the old K50 gearbox out and get the K-T Bellhousing on a T50 I have so i can start to get the gearbox mount sorted out..

Problem I ran in to was the gearbox to engine bolts are around 20mm too short, Sucked to find that out once I handled the gearbox up in to position... So looks like I am doing a bit of bolt shopping next week.

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

• 4 weeks later...