Clutch making a strange noise after being changed... what do you think?

Caiden

Hi guys, my clutch was replaced recently and now it's making a strange noise.

It's only doing them in first and second gear when hitting around 4000 RPM and revving a little higher than usual. It was not like that prior to getting the replacement clutch put in.

https://youtu.be/zp-DSQi4n5c

It's a Toyota Corolla AE112R 2000 hatchback.

What do you guys think it is? So I can tell the mechanic?

Members dont see this ad

Not slipping?

Otherwise all that can really go wrong is if the pressure plate bolts haven't been torqued up properly.

But don't forget, that they had to remove the gearbox and lots of other things to replace the clutch.  Possibly it is coming from somewhere other than the clutch itself.  Exhaust bracket, starter, anywhere really.

Sounds like my handbrake at a certain rpm where it rattles.  4 cylinder cars have famously un balaced motors with resonant vibration problems, so hence the term buzz box.  Something always rattles.  Sounds more like interior to me, and the clutch while it operated as gears were engaged sounded fine to me.  Maybe they failed to secure something like a heat shield, a cable or a shifter linkage 100 percent.