Ca18 In Ke55

pozman

got one of the sturts in today, had to make a quick trip to the wreckers tho, its really hard to bolt the xt130 struts to the corolla stearing arms, :P actully it can't be done!

any way when i got them it went in fine, i think I'm going to have to sorten the springs that ive got, as the struts are wund all the way down and it still sits quite high, probly the same height as the old ones but these springs are harder so it wont lower as much when the motor goes back in.

plus who wants adjustable ride height struts that are at the bottom of the adjustment.

got a few pics.

the set up

post-1114-1170671313_thumb.jpg

the caliper thru my 15s

post-1114-1170671331_thumb.jpg

thats the 15 aswell, there not much room

post-1114-1170671437_thumb.jpg

looking at the caliper from the front

post-1114-1170671542_thumb.jpg

thats with the spring wound up, love those lift kits (looking at it now, it seems to high, so it might be on the jack a bit)

post-1114-1170671637_thumb.jpg

thats it wound down, not to bad but they are a very hard spring

post-1114-1170671746_thumb.jpg

Edited by pozman

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey what diff you running ??

cos i have just got my hands on a ca18det was gona keep it on the low but stuff it ill do my part for rolla club and post up the build up .

ill get pics up off the motor soon.

my consern was mine being turbo i don't think the little rolla diff will hold up 2 well under presure when hit boost.

can anny one conferm with me that will be the case or not .

ill start my one thread soon will be a long build tho motor geting a little bit off work befor i even bother moking it up to drop in the rolla .

thanks mate

tyler

Hey just noticed the subject of diffs. i have a ke20 coupe withh a ca18det and at first i was just running the standard diff. in 3 and a half months i destroyed 2 axles and one centre welded it up and trashed it again. this was with a bit of aggressive driving but who wouldnt drive a ca18 ke20 hard lol. i`m currently in the proccess of getting an r31 skyline borgwarner shortened and installed. these are a great choice because apart from the shilouette lsd`s they all have a 3.9 ratio factory (3.5 for the lsd). this means u just get a mini spool and don't have to pay for new gears. also they are a disc rear 230mm i think.

Edited by YKE 20T

ok sounds like the r31 lsd is the go. and what about lengh do u have to shorten it mutch.

very intrested with how you go with it all.

thanks tyler

R31 lsd diffs are priced like sr20det`s and just as dear to rebuild go a single wheeler and a spool.

super strong 28 spline axles cheap and my mate runs 9.2`s in a vl same setup.

Paul u still don't have an engine in and they look like they may drop a bit.

stu.

Hey paul, a little 4" grinder is your friend here..... joking

Back in the day when I was playing with my ke20, I bought lowered springs off pedders so that my car could be legal. Unfortunately though, I went from 5" lowered (chopped springs. They looked wicked but were bloody dangerous to drive with) to 2" lowered. Do you think I was happy? :P I went back to pedders and told them about my new found problem n they said "sorry mate, they're the lowest springs we stock for that model." I replied with " well what can I do?" to which they replied " you could get them reset." meaning that there's a guy down Brunell Rd. Seaford that does it. Well at least there was about 8yrs ago. I was quoted approx. $50 for the pair I think. It was sooo long ago.

Anyway, thought it might help ya.

Leigh.

yes i think i may have to chop them as they are a 10mm higher with heavier springs!!

and stu they may be a dear limo now, but they would have to be cheaper than the hilux ones, every one wants hilux diffs these days!!

The lsd out of a ea onwards falcon or vn onwards commo is the same ;) (not a very reliable lsd anyway)

Well not quite a customer of ours has the worlds fastest lpg powered car it runs 9.40 at some insane mph,

the diff is a stock ed xr6 3.23:1 lsd been in the car last 4 years or so. The car has done about 100plus passes and not a prob.

Just the way some people treat them i supose, You can break a 9" if you try hard enough.

i think that would be a big yay on that one, there ver 100mm wider than a rolla so i think it would have to be shortened.

and you will also have to get the tale shaft modified to fit on to the diff

Edited by pozman

the r31 borgwarner lsd is very expensive. i went for an openwheeler with an spool as including the shortening and a rebuilt centre with spool and gettin the stud pattern changed i paid $1050 installed and engineered. paid 150 for the diff from the wreckers.