June 12, 200620 yr comment_122926 this car is really starting to turn out amazing< keep up the good work and keep us posted with everything man Cheers Sean Report
June 12, 200620 yr comment_122928 To be honest, this is one of the most inspirational KE's that i've seen on these forums... everytime i see it, makes me want to go out and work on my car :thumbsup: You may be able to do a XF Falcon style spare wheel, in the drivers side inner guard, sitting upright, though this most probably wouldn't work due to a) sadly, pre-82 KE's have leaf springs :cool: and b) i think your putting a sub there... You could, perhaps, cut out the spare wheel well, and weld a similar (or same one, i'm not the best in the fabrication/welding game...) upside down, with a securing bolt welded to the centre, and a large wingnut for keeping it up there, similar to what you would find on a four wheel drive or pre-WB holden ute. This would then free up your floor, you could go as far as flat floors, cupboards, hell, even a kitchen sink (would make a sick sub enclosure :D).... If I was going to do up a KExx that would be my plan... I've also heard of people who want to toy around with wagon rear ends, but I don't want to ruin there achievement, so I won't bother explaining... That all said, I'm pretty sure that as long as you don't cover more than 1/4 of the spare wheel with the cupboards, you're not going to run into any problems, it should fit in and out without any problems. Toy around with a spirit level or piece of bar and you'll find out whether i'm right, or (most probably) wrong... Anyways, good luck anyway... one inspirational rolla :y: Dan. Report
June 13, 200620 yr Author comment_123012 hay thanks guys for the great remarks ,much apreciated, I'm pretty busy this week but will definatley post up a few more things the following week end i got a few things that i want to do ie: build a sub box and mount it somewhere, that one has got me stumped at the moment because i still want acess to the spare wheel and tools but also don't want a huge box taking up my hole boot so will be doing a lot of thinking on that one, another thing is removing the clock from the dash and replacing it with a 2 inch tacho,also this could prove to be a pain but should be possible???? any one done that be fore????? Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123087 yeah i took out my clock and put one in! now i know how many taco's my car eats! :thumbsup: it wasn't to hard just bent up some mounts from aluminum (is that how its spelt?) and then used a glue gun to make sure it didn't bounce around! Report
June 13, 200620 yr Author comment_123088 yeah i took out my clock and put one in! now i know how many taco's my car eats! :thumbsup: it wasn't to hard just bent up some mounts from aluminum (is that how its spelt?) and then used a glue gun to make sure it didn't bounce around! sweet i thought it could be done !well that will be a mission on the weekend then will put up pics just incase some else wants to do it ??? cheers leigh Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123091 No worries!! good luck with it :thumbsup: ill look forward to the pics! Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123109 Wow just read this and am surprised by your progress well done and that colour is awesome, is it 2pac or acrylic? Cheers Trent! Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123146 I've had a tacho where the clock goes, also a boost guage. I just bought a car the other day, and it now has a temp gauge where the clock was. Report
June 13, 200620 yr Author comment_123147 sweet ,cheers for th pic rolla boy gives me an idea whats going on ,will definatley give this a goe shortly ....... Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123148 :thumbsup: -WoW, that looks shit hot!! How is that done?? Or do you have to send it away?? Edited July 16, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123159 If you are asking about my dash pic Jip, I did that myself. KE30 clusters are different though. I will write up how I did that one later when I finish work Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123160 :thumbsup: -Sounds great!! Is that a KE55 cluster?? Edited July 16, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123161 Yep it sure is. The KE30 ones need to be scanned into a pc and printed out, like I did with the one out of my coupe Report
June 13, 200620 yr comment_123162 :thumbsup: Cause my KE30 with the KE55 dash has the KE55 cluster. I know that it has to be scanned into a pc, but was unsure how to get around it cause the faces aren't flat?? Edited July 16, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now