7k Or 5k Into Ke30

nedic

I have a 7K in my KE55. It is a very torque motor, i do use 1st gear (cause i never give it too much gas), although i can start from a stop in 3rd. Mine has a 3K sump in it (the 7K is too big). Physically the engine is the same as the other K engines. They came in the Town-Aces (as someone said) and i believe they also produced in the Kijang/Tamaraws in Indonesia and Asia. I got my engine for a bargin ($800, in a KE30, with a 5sp Box and 2in exhaust) although most the others i saw second hand for $1000 - $1500. We've had the engine completely reconditioned and had a few little upgrades ;) (Larger valves, solid lifters, mild cam and more other things that i just can't remember). The previous owner of the engine converted it from EFI to carbys and we are now running twin SU's (from a Triumph Dolamite) although we are still having some problems with those). The engine runs extremely nicely (when the carbys aren't playing up). Should be getting it dyno'd in the next week or so, and will post the figures we get then. I went striaght from a 4k to 7k, so i'm not sure about the 5k, but i do love my 7k :P

So did you just bolt the 3K sump straight on or did you modify it along with the oil pump .

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sloth,

Got any pictures of the engine bay with the 7K and twin SU carbs setup?

I'll try and got one up tonight (15/8) been busy with uni and stuff and haven't been able to post much.

As for the sump, when i bought the engine it already had the some, so i'm not sure what had to be done to fit it in :laff:.

So has anyone here done a 5k or 7k into a KE10? Mine already has a 4k in it so i would assume the 5k or 7k wouldnt be too much drama. Would i assume right or wrong?

I'm doing one with a 7K right now,ill let you know what dramas i have fitting it but it may be a while cause I'm making up turbo manifolds and all.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how well the e.f.i fits in

but our 7k with a carbie fits straight

in once you change the sump and

modify the oil pick up.

The biggest thing we have noticed is that with the

extra torque of the 7k(and there is shitloads) that

we need to lower the diff ratio to bring the gaerbox

into play. We run a standard 4.1 diff and I think a 3.7

would be more suited. We sheared the tailshaft bolts

when we put the motor in so we now use high tensile bolts

The diff itself seems not to have a prob with the power or