Copping Stares

JiP

I've seen your car hookin' about a fair bit, I freakin' love the thing! :lolcry:

haha thanks bud,where? parked in chracoal? its a lovely place for free parking, or at maccas? my place of work lol... have had a few technical difficulties recently, such as brakes failing! haha, shes all good now tho! :lolcry:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol yeh I'm guilty off it aswell

i was crusing hrough the city one night and had a extreamly PISSED guy stumble out off a club and look straight at my rolla and yell out loud GO THE GEMINI. mutch to his disapointment my mate hangs out the window and yells back its a corolla buby and he yells back. WHO CAIRS ITS BETTER THEN ALL THEM SHIT BOX SKYLINES AND VL'S AND THE REST OFF THEM SHIT BOX JAP CARS .

this had me and my mate in tears for half the night.

but this was wen it had a fully sik 6inch cannon and was loud as hell.

i got dun back in the home area and ther was a rbt setup on the main road witch i avoided most off the night but i dident know it was ther till it was 2 late i got pulled in and the copper sed to me i have been siting here for 20min and all i have herd is you bloody loud car driving around.

i got a $104 fine for that and next day went to the exaust shop and got it db tested and the guy just shook his head wen the reading come up and sed well mate lets just say well over 110db .

it was a stock 4k with extractors with a 2" pipe to a hot dog to the cannon lol i was silly but god that made sum people look

Edited by KErolla

I just got an email from my mother, saying that some guy was buzzing around my car at home. When my sister confronted him with my dobermanns in tow, he asked if I wanted to sell it.

My car is 2 hours hard and fast ride on my motorbike away, and I'm really freaked out that it's going to go missing before I get home at 8.

Attention is BAD. VERY BAD.

EDIT: This is my Commodore btw, which motor alone is worth 12k. :lolcry:

Something similar to this happend to me a couple months back. I have my project car in my front yard with a cover over it. I was talking about it to a guy at work and it surprised me that he knew what colour it was cause i never told him. He them them be know that he was outside my house at the traffic lights when he saw someone who he thought was my brother pull up, take the cover off, hop under the car, hop in the car hand have a good look around.

This scared the crap out of me cause i was at work and that someones been snooping around the car when no ones home.

It happend a couple more times where my family notice the sus guy hanging around, but we haven't seen him lately.

GO THE GEMINI

My car has been confused for another car a few times. My cousin thought it was a Torana while my Panel Beater keeps calling it a Datsun.

Thats where I always snap back, "IT'S A COROLLA"

I was copping a few stares tonight.

One from a dude that was waiting at a bus stop. He had a good perve as I went past because he'd spun around and was still looking at it when I drove past.

The other was from some dude in a Charade as I was waiting at a set of lights not too long ago from me posting this.

The most common comment I get is "Nice rotor". Other times I get asked "What you running?" or "Is it Turbo?" then I proceeed with "Its a Corolla"

Get some interesting looks when you tell them that its a rolla and not a rotor, haha.

don't knock old people and their stories. some of the best stories i hear are from the older amongst us. have some patience and listen to what they have to say. it will make you feel good coz you made them feel appreciated all over again, and you will get some good stories to go with it.

i like the elderly...sometimes :)

oh i agree and I'm always polite, but its getting frustrating to jump out of your car and some dude will tell you he used to own one then 30 minutes later when u go bak to ur car hes still tere and tells u the same story all over again... i feel kinda sorry for him.. but like when ur in a hurry and stuff u can't always be so accepting of the elderly...

This arvy when I went to pick up my kids from school, I got pulled up by the coppers for a random breath test. The first thing the copper says is "that's a nice little car you got there mate". :yak:

Then later on at the school, I had some elderly gent approach, compliment me on my car and start talking to me about corollas. Turns out he has a ke20 he is doing up.

A while back the missus was pulled up in my ke15 by some coppers that had been following her for a bit. The first thing they pretty much said was "Thats a nice little car, geez it handles well. Does your hubby rally it or something". :) Lucky she had been taking it easy.

I'm starting to get more and more stares the more things I put on the cressida, a lot of people also asking what the domokun sticker on the side of it is.

Needs some little Jap flags on it now.

haha thanks bud,where? parked in chracoal? its a lovely place for free parking, or at maccas? my place of work lol... have had a few technical difficulties recently, such as brakes failing! haha, shes all good now tho! :dance:

Parked in charcoal mostly :P

Ahh brake fail hey? My KE70 decided to do that not long ago, haha

Hopefully I'll see that thing of yours around again, such a clean beast! If you see some dopey looking bloke in a burgundy MX73 Cressida, give us a wave!

Edited by Josho