Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Window Winder Removal

Featured Replies

While most of these have fallen off long ago, I'm trying to remove the door trims from my KE55 coupe, the only problem however is that I can't get the winder off. The trims are in execellent condition and will be for sale one they are removed, as such I'm reluctant to just hack them off. I know they are held on by a circlip of some discription, I just fall short of knowing how to get them off.

 

Any help in with regards to this matter will be appreiceated

 

Cheers

jordan

This one had me completely buggered for a while when I first started playing with cars many moons ago too

 

The winder is held on with one of these

 

post-1955-1155698318_thumb.jpg

 

And to get it off you need one of these... I call it "the thingy" available from panelbeater's supply shops

 

post-1955-1155698389_thumb.jpg

 

Or alternatively, get a tea-towel or something like it, hold two corners, pull it tight, and work it up underneath the handle until it pops the circlip out.

 

And swear a lot. That helps. :y:

used to pop mine off using a couple of small screwdrivers very carefully

The driver's door window winder in our KE55 had the knob broken off it before I bought the car, came with a spare one but only the other day did I get around to putting it on. Simply a case of gently pulling the handle away from the door so you can see which way the spring clip lines up, then pushing down on one of the prongs with a thin flat-bladed screwdriver.....popped right out, pulled off the handle, and then repeated in reverse for the new one. Total time = 5 minutes, total cost = $0

  • Author

Cheers Fellas,

 

I'll be giving it a go thisevening

 

Jordan

used to pop mine off using a couple of small screwdrivers very carefully

i just used 2 screw drivers one to carefully leaver it out slightly, then with the other poke the clip of, it shot off and took longer to find it than get it off... haha

That method works for me, even though I have a tool, but I am too lazy to find it

I too use small flat blades, I wish I had the proper tool, but I never get around to getting one haha

 

I HATE it when they fly off

  • Author

all off, and the rest of the interior has gone as well :y:

 

Jordan

 

P.S: Pics of the stripped out KE55 coupe rally rolla tomorrow

Edited by Jordan

Cheapskate tricks with Craig #63

 

You fellas are taking waaaay too long if you have to use tools to get the window winder off. Just use a piece of rag. Slide the rag up under the winder handle and move it back and forth. The rag will catch the clip and pop it off. :y:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.