Ke35- 4agze

ChrisGT

well i guess it depends on ur engine mounts...because i was making mine up myself i could have the engine in any position i liked however in the end it was determined by my alternator. I'm using the standard gze bracket so i can still run air-con, maybe this bracket sits the alternator lower than any of the others?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Well i finally finished off my fuel set up today.

What i did was use a VL turbo prepump in the tank and modified the outlet of the tank to have an extra outlet (welded another pipe in for return), so it runs:

Outlet, return, charcoal can and breather.

Then i went to the wreckers and got a fuel line from another ke35 and run it under the car for the feed and use the original feed as the return line.

Mounted the surge tank on some aluminum, and fitted the bosch fuel pump and here is the result:

post-1908-1166697814.jpg

post-1908-1166697901.jpg

post-1908-1166697940_thumb.jpg

stuff the boot room what about your life and other on the road??? just a thought imagine two poor little kids getting burnt in the event of a crash?

never thought about it that way...when u put it like that i guess i will move it....but will it really cause that much damage if its hit?

never thought about it that way...when u put it like that i guess i will move it....but will it really cause that much damage if its hit?

I think they're being paranoid. For starters your surge tank is made of stainless steel (I'm guessing? steel anyway) yet your fuel tank just 30cm away is made of 1mm thick tin. I think in a crash your surge tank is just gonna break off its mounts and end up somewhere else in the boot.

The boot isnt 100% sealed especially a ke35. Look behind the back seat. Just some black(fire matting i guess) material. Holes for drainage down the sides and boot would be filled with enough oxygen to do some damage especially if a car hits you and rips the side of the car off.