Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to fit the extractors today.

They fit the head allright and miss everything except the clutch slave cylinder rubber hose line, Its right in the way.

What would my options be to get around this and no i don't want to buy a JDM T-50.

Des that rubber hydraulic line as Trev said get a new one made all good hydraulic shops can do that. But most hydraulic stuff tends to cost a few $$ as I have experienced so I would imagine braided line like that will cost a fair bit.

But if you have the skill get you self a pipe flaring tool and some steel lines and hydraulic fittings I have done this my self lately as started costing a bit to get the hydraulic shop to do it. Is easy to do and then you can sit down plan the clutch line and run it along the fire wall and make it nice and neat.

Cameron

word of warning about making double flares... don't try and diy....

What I'm doing is wraping the rubber line in heat sheilding :)

Double flares just take patience..lol If you have the tool there easy but yes your first few you make usually aren't that great..lol Oh and don't buy the cheap flaring tool if you do I did and they can't do stainless line and well I broke it so..lol

But heat wrap might do the job but it the rubber is near/ touching the extractors it could burn under the wrap or perish or maybe boil the clutch hydraulic fluid?? But mm only time will tell.

Also $50 for a line for it made adn with braiding get it that is a good price. especially when most hydraulic fittings alone are $14 each.

Cameron