The Kesev!

Des

Yes i have been looking at the front end picture for a while now and still havent thought of a easy way around it and it still work. The ic is 2 inch pipe size like all of my stock gze inlets and outlets so perfect for me :lolcry:

Edited by AE70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My old I/C setup on the AE82:

post-1373-1171974336_thumb.jpg

I will get pics when i put FMIC in the AE71, Jason i don't think you quite know what I'm talkin bout with the air-dam as the stone tray is what sits just below the front bumper so its not after the intercooler.

Just like to remind people that the FMIC on a 4AGZE is in between the engine and throttlebody and if you blow off a pipe or get damage on the cooler the car will act as if its full throttle. So less rubber joins is good :lolcry:

Edited by NickZ

Just like to remind people that the FMIC on a 4AGZE is in between the engine and throttlebody and if you blow off a pipe or get damage on the cooler the car will act as if its full throttle. So less rubber joins is good :lolcry:

Yes i read that in ancullens ke55 thread i think, I have a zoom magazine here with ae86 with a 4agze in it and it runs 2 throttle bodies. From what i can see in the picture that it has one just after the air filter and the other after the supercharger closest to the engine induction, It also says that it was hunting for idle and the 2nd throttle body solved that. It also has 137rwkw which isnt bad with the sc12 :lolcry:

post-1746-1172112879_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a few hours today finishing the cooling system and cleaning up the water pumps etc, I'm also halfway through changing the timing belt and it still had the genuine Toyota belt in place but in great condition :P .

post-1746-1173335683_thumb.jpg

PANDA EYES. Idea stolen from Gilly :hmm:

post-1746-1173335712_thumb.jpg

How would you set up throttle linkages for a twin throttle body setup like that though?

It would be too hard to get them in the line, It sayd in the mag that they work from a common throttle cable.

Alot of wiring was done today thanks to Sam and the Razorback was hooked up and it works, It sparks and the injectors are ticking/firing as they should be.

Daewoo coils are awesome, The spark that was coming out of the coils was HUGE, I would definatly have the car off when touching the leads.

setting up twin TB's is realitivly easy. You need a cable splitter, much like the ones you find on those 360o turn handle bars. Then its just a matter of getting the right lengths. Ill be doing this down the track.

lol i got hit by my coil today was checking if a cylinder was miss firing, pulled the lead off and SNAP it jumped the massive rubber termation boot! About 3 inches.