Q's Regarding 3k

Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask the other junior guy, he will tell you the same thing unless there are bigger tracks over in WA. 3rd would be good on the straits but you can't get round the corner fast enough where it matters and you will most likely come last plus the cam i got in it gives me very poor exeleration from around 4500rpm below (edited sorry got confused). if you drove it in 3rd on the straits and shifted down to 2nd (if it is possible, nevered tryed lol) it will upset the car and will put you in danger of spinning, flipping ect.

hope i anserwed your question.

Jamie

Edited by Jamierracing

plus the cam i got in it gives me very poor exeleration from around 4500rpm onwards

do you mean from below?

start a revolution, learn to change gears

do you brake for the corners? if you do learn to heal toe to drop back a gear. if you don't brake just rev match, no upseting forces that way :hmm:

well i wasnt going to reply, but now seeing you edit it to be a bit more insulting i feel a need to defend myself.

for starters, yes they are juniors, yes they are learning, no they don't get to drive everyday...so what that means is rather than sitting here and thinking to myself you should change gears. i say that, because its what i believe and i even provided the basic techniques so he can do some research on the matter.

id love to have you watch me drive, id be packin my daks, but i would like to know where i could improve as you are a better driver.

i don't know about you but I'm all for sharing information. i tried to help jamierracing , and if you want to try help me i wouldnt complain.

oh and btw, i fail to see how i picked shit out of him. i believe the term is constructive criticism.

Okay. Granted. I was a bit harsh. I'll edit mine..... I seem to be having one of those days again, and hence I apologise.

However, take a look at your posts and see how they can be read as well.

R

Edited by Redwarf

No need to apologise everybody i dident take it as offensive :) , anyways yes we do brake in some tracks, every track is diffrent. for example there is a track over here that is prettymuch round. so you are sideways for the whole race prettymuch full throttle. thats when you want second with no gear changes. In reply to love prettymuch all the records been set by junior sedans in victoria are my mates and i no for a fact that they drive in second all the way around. i don't no why it is faster that way it just is.

end of discussion :hmm:

I've done some big bitumen "motorkhanas" and it was actually quicker to rev its ring out of it in second than to use third :hmm: Guess it is because you are always on the throttle and not lifting off to change up or down. Leaving it in second also removes the possibility of missing a shift or unsettling the car which can happen by shifting. And no I am not a junior and I have no trouble with clutchless changes :)

Now from memory my KE20 use to have a balanced and blue printed 3K, 4K head with HD valve springs and larger valves, and a really agressive cam. Power would come on really strong about 5,000rpm and would still be pushing hard at 10,500rpm with no valve bounce.

However it only lasted 3,500 km's and died as a result of cracked pistons and rings. Some aftermarket pistons and rings may have told a better story.

Now from memory my KE20 use to have a balanced and blue printed 3K, 4K head with HD valve springs and larger valves, and a really agressive cam. Power would come on really strong about 5,000rpm and would still be pushing hard at 10,500rpm with no valve bounce.

However it only lasted 3,500 km's and died as a result of cracked pistons and rings. Some aftermarket pistons and rings may have told a better story.

10,500 now thats making use of a tacho.