Hektic K Series Turbo Setup

radrollaz

Hi guys i went to WSID tonight to see cuzzo race his Ke30 and i ran across this ke30 and blew my load all over his car when he opened the bonnet. I've always loved the idea of a crazy K series engine with injection and big turbo, but thought it was a little to pricey and wouldn't make enough power in the end as i want over 200kw atw out of what ever engine i used with out having to go to crazy.

Anyways this car belongs to Steven from sydney, he did all the work him self as he is a fabricator its a 3k 1.2L which has been fully built and steve has created the custom plenum and injection himself aswell as all the other custom bits. I really like it as its very unique and it makes just over 200hp atw at the moment. This is for all the K series die hards as i know your out there. :D

Enjoy !!! :thumbsup:

post-3596-1201091970.jpg

post-3596-1201092052_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1201092144_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1201092252_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1201092332_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1201092409_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
looks good mate! 200hp is IMPRESSIVE to say the least!

sits and waits for simon to post!

Yeah i reckon thats great power for a 3k and he even showed me his dyno sheet it said 202 hp. I'm interested to see what Taz Rx and Mad Rolla reckon :thumbsup: as i didn't think a 3k would make that sort of power. He did have a big turbo though maybe t3 or bigger . :D

Looks the goods,not too sure how much torque it would make with the small capacity (if it still is) and i would hate to see how laggy it is with that huge T3 and long plenum runners.

A Lot of effort has gone into it,what numbers did it run.

Edited by madrolla68

A Lot of effort has gone into it,what numbers did it run.

In particualr, was it quicker than a 13.7!? :cool: :thumbsup:

The longer runners might help a little bit with torque would they? But yeah a T3 on a 1200!! Sure it wasn't a T25?

I don't suppose you know what RPM it revved to with the 3k?

Oh yeah, mmmm, speed flow!! I've recently aquired another wallet-unhealthy addiction, wate for undates in the next 2 days or so. :D

Edited by Taz_Rx

In particualr, was it quicker than a 13.7!? :cool: :thumbsup:

The longer runners might help a little bit with torque would they? But yeah a T3 on a 1200!! Sure it wasn't a T25?

I don't suppose you know what RPM it revved to with the 3k?

Oh yeah, mmmm, speed flow!! I've recently aquired another wallet-unhealthy addiction, wate for undates in the next 2 days or so. :D

Might be T25 but LOOKS like T3 flange etc,not worried about the 13.7 Si that was done on 17 PSi and only 165 atw.

Yeah the runners might edd to torque BUT they will add to lad as well.

SPEEDFLOW ADDICT are we.

I'm povo addict,if it works and makes power that'll do for me.

PS. Injectors will be in the mail today.

Edited by madrolla68

I'm not to sure what numbers he ran as when i got there he was putting it on a trailer as he blew the standard diff, on the first pass . :thumbsup: Also the motor is still 1200cc capacity as he wanted to keep it a 3k but has forged internals.

Turbo looked to be at least a t3. :D