Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hi Cam??

Featured Replies

Hi everyone just want to know what HI CAM means when it comes to the ke70 corolla.

Must have something to do with the camshaft in the motor, surely :jamie:

 

Please can anyone cure my curiosity? :hmm:

Thanks.

Marketing jibbarish.

 

Means nothing.

I always thought they put a slighlty larger camshaft in the 4k for that model

onwards and it made a bit more power ,I could be complety wrong though

I always thought they put a slighlty larger camshaft in the 4k for that model

onwards and it made a bit more power ,I could be complety wrong though

 

Nope absolutely nothing different. 100% marketing bullshit... worked too.

It was to stop the rabbits getting in...

 

Nah take your tappet cover off, They put a spare cam under there.

lol, marketing hype to compete with other manufacturers going overhead cam or some such.

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

HAHA I though this thread was also saying Hi to me..LOL

 

Anyway I read a book once on designing piston motors etc few hundred pages long. It mentioned a motor that has its cam on the side of the motor (like a K motor) is termed a Hi cam motor. don't know how true it is but hey the book had it. And I just put it down to yes was the same motor so Toyota used the technical name for a old motor to help try to sell it that is it.

 

Also KE70 4K cam shaft is 100% same as other 4K ones. Only K motors that get slightly different cams are K-B motors usually had different cams in sprinters and van motor versions. That is why when you run an electronic dizzy on a sedan cam it just isnt right. Get the dizzy re graphed and WHAM you get more power and that.

 

Cameron

I thought it had a slightly different profile, so it could run unleaded fuel more efficiently. They came out at the same time.

I just put one into my ke55 over the weekend and it runs much better than the old non hi cam k motor did (I have have this car before unleaded became the norm). I am using the same carby,inlet and exhaust manifold.

 

Probably got less K's than your old engine...or has just been looked after better.

 

Hi-Cams had different water pumps though

so toyota bullshited people in jazzing up the old tyerd 4k by make the new and owww new totally awsorm 4k high cam

ahahahah way of marketing

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

Well they have a different part listing...and are supposedly different. Maybe one of the engines wasn't actually a hi-cam one?

There's heaps of different outlet/inlets on the water pumps and thermostat housing as most would know.

The bolt pattern for were they bolt to the block is all the same.

Only difference with the ke70 water pumps is the mounting for the pully. A ke30/55 etc pully won't fit the ke70 pump and vice versa. ;)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.