Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

After a lack of work on the car, decided to get out there tonight and make a start on replacing the steering rack boots, which were hacked to bits, and one installed correctly from my last shot :) so, turns out it was alot easier this time, and appears i did it correctly (managed to get the tie rods off without too much drama, which helped). So its now wearing new booties, and thus leaves only a few more things to do (mount fuel pump correctly, get rear demister switch that works, or get it working, standard rear springs, maybe a quick coat of the front guards, and stock wheels). Watch this space :yes:

Went out and did a bit more work on the car this morning:

mounted the fuel pump a bit more securely so its up and out of the way of everything, and also trimmed the hose coming off the pump so it runs in more of a straight line to the metal line:

post-1017-1220674513_thumb.jpg

Not sure if regency will be happy with it as its mounted in place with wire, but will see :lol:

Also taped up and put a bit more paint over the front guards to cover the etch primer that was still there from last time, so that's mostly one colour now - definitely doesnt look like a good job, but the whole car will be attended to later in the year and i'll give it all a nice fresh coat then :yes:

Other thing i did was put the stock springs back in - didnt remember it being as difficult as it was last time i did it, but oh well. they're in now, BUT, the drivers side sits higher than the passenger - the springs were about 10-20mm different in height out of the car - is this right, or did i get a mis-matched pair when i bought these off someone? :)

Some packages arrived for me today :dance: only thing is, that there were only 3 of them :y: its only been about 5 weeks since they were posted, so will give it a little bit longer for the other one to arrive, but I'm going to be optimistic and assume they got separated along the way!

Having said that, they look verrrrrry nice, and seem very light too - beautiful polished lips, and centres in pretty good condition. Might rip the centres out of them and give them a good clean and coat of silver, but we will see!

post-1017-1221118110_thumb.jpg

post-1017-1221118165_thumb.jpg

Might duck out and do a mock fit on front and rear to see what the fitment is gonna look like!

Ohh they're here already!! :dance: 5 week wait, not bad at all! Too bad one didn't turn up with the lot though. I hope it'll turns up soon. :y:

They look overrated. Throw them on the car!! Who cares about respraying them. :bash:

yeah, i was pretty happy they got here that quickly! i've emailed my chap who got them for me to see what he says, so will wait for a response from him as to whether there's anything he can do at his end :hmm:

i'd love to slap them on the car now, BUT, its got the stock springs etc back in and i don't think i'd appreciate them as much like that. Will wait til its back from "regency" spec and get them on then. reckon i will spray them though cause once they go on the car they wont be coming off for a while :hmm:

looks good, get them centres sand blasted, i got my sand blasted and clear coat and they look so much better then a clean and some sliver paint
thanks mate - my mate has a sand blaster so will just be a matter of whether they're too big to fit in it - will see whether another mate can get em cleaned up at his work though if that doesnt work out. Will look into it - the current wheels i've got (hotwires) have just had the clean & spray job done and starting to flake off (i didnt do the job, bought them like that), so will give this way a shot! Thanks :dance:

Woohoo!

What's the specs of the wheels?

they're pretty tame :D 14x6.5 +8

Was after some thinner wheels cause the ones i've got now were causing me some issues on the front even with a little guard work, so was just chasing something a little nicer looking and a touch narrower - just want it to look tidy and not get too much attention :)

I'm sure you'll update with pics once done, cause I'm interested to see what the fitment is like.

I'm after a similar style wheel but am thinking 15" maybe... Would like to go at least 7 if not 8-9 wide :D

I've got refurbed 15x6 +20 WEDS atm and they're two skinneh :)

Edited by Instigator

awsome wheels man,

had a browse through your build, awsome stuff mate.

also i think they are reverse mesh? as foruma mesh have stepped dish area... hot wheels regardless

keep up the top work

thanks mate - pretty happy with the wheels - just gotta get some rubber on them some time this week and will be set.

You make a good point re reverse mesh - just had a look at the "wheels guide" on AE86DC and the formula mesh does have the step in on them. This is on the back of the wheel though, which is confusing me now :)

post-1017-1221369693_thumb.jpg