Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Si's 5kte Ke55

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 793.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Looks a bit more like a motor again! Tried to bolt the manifold on this afternoon and managed to pull a stud out of the head 🤬 will have to wait until Monday now to get a helicoil for it. Once I'

  • So long overdue update. Guess I'll be doing what will become inevitable in a lot of backyard garages in the coming months (Hey let's look at the positives) and getting some work done in this!! Wh

  • Hehe....breaking traction in second....with the potenzas!

Posted Images

I dynoed my stagea with water meth on thurs...17psi of boost , timing went from 20 degrees at full load and slightly pinging on 98..to 30 degrees...lol

the whole map copped 10 degrees more timing actually and 40rwkw+..and no heatsoak...

 

if you wanted a turbo..id talk to stao at hypergear, he might make something up..i woudn't bother with gtx stuff, lol a k motor would never swallow that

much air to use those wheels and I'm pretty sure all the t28 gtx stuff is not real great anyway even on bigger motors,not enough turbine

 

Sure the tuner can run 23-24psi on 98..lol, pulling out all the timing...and then pull out another 2 degrees on top of that to account for heatsoak of a non crossflow head..

cheers

darren

Water meth is a great thing, until you have a slight nozzle blockage, or any number of small problems the system could potentially have in a street car. but then you already know this as clearly you are the expert. let me know if you need a hand to pick up the stagea's engine off the ground.

Just waiting on a retune which I'll hopefully get done next week and then I'll really see, already noticed slightly better fuel economy though a bit less throttle input though.

 

It still had to be better than 17ltr/100km my old blower setup gave!! Haha.

It will be interesting to see to how it goes on the rollers with a fresh motor.

Edited by kickn5k

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Been doing the 200km treck between Launy and Hobart a bit lately. Highway fuel economy driving it easily is getting around 10Lt/100km...... but its way worse for city driving. Keeping an eye on the data on the hand controller reveals its under a lot less load at say 110kmh compared to 90-100kmh, so I'm thinking the trick to getting the best economy on the highway is to go as quick as legal.

 

Picked the rug-rat up from daycare the other day only to find a green puddle under the front of the car...... at least it didn't happen on the midland highway. Swapped to dirt for a couple of days while I fixed it. Pressure tested it as I did a few months back - successfully fixed a small hole with "kneed-it". This time I couldn't exactly find the hole and by the size of the bubbles it seemed to be a big one. Decided that old rad had had its day and shopped around for a new one. Found some full alloy ones on ebay pretty cheap - $140-$200.... but had to get back to Hobart asap so I ended up getting one from Repco for $123!! I now know that what I had was a s1 VN rad, and I've replaced it with a s2 VN one. As the s2 has a cap on the rad itself I've also got rid of my fugly top hose....not that the flexi universal one looks all that better. Knocked up a dodgy quick thermo fan mount with a mate so I could get back on the road asap. Have had a rummage though my dads steel and alloy stash and will make a decent one next week hopefully. Used the twin 10" fans that I used to have on the RX4.

 

Some piccies - New rad, fans and dodgy bracket......

post-1315-0-45665700-1380426361.jpg

post-1315-0-39389500-1380426379.jpg

 

This was my pressure testing facility from last time I fixed it.....

post-1315-0-00913300-1380426424.jpg

 

And a couple of my apprentice mechanic.....

post-1315-0-50520800-1380426470.jpg

post-1315-0-15824700-1380426485.jpg

 

Sorry about the shitty phone pics.

 

In other news I blead the brakes for the first time since I've had this car. Ashamed to say that's been around 6 years. Don't know how long before that it had been done by the previous owner. They've always been pretty good, but now they're awesome......for stocko girlocks anyway.

 

AND.....the exciting news - Off for dyno tuning in Hobart on Tuesday arvo. Going to Pro Automotive in Moonah. Guy there tunes a lot of local race cars so hopefully he'll do a good job. He's also happy for me to hang around while he's doing it which I'm happy with.....suppose I can get a vid or 2 of it on the rollers. Will update then. Will actually have a power figure this time. Anyone wanna make some guesses?

 

Cheers,

Si.

Keen to hear what you make on the dyno, how much boost are you running at the moment?

AND.....the exciting news - Off for dyno tuning in Hobart on Tuesday arvo. Going to Pro Automotive in Moonah. Guy there tunes a lot of local race cars so hopefully he'll do a good job. He's also happy for me to hang around while he's doing it which I'm happy with.....suppose I can get a vid or 2 of it on the rollers. Will update then. Will actually have a power figure this time. Anyone wanna make some guesses?

 

Not getting old mate at Bridgestone Launy to tune it?

 

I'll make a guess. 120-125rwkw on 10psi and 165-180rwkw on 18-20psi.

Brad, nah he was the guy who did the 2d map last time it was on rollers when I first got the efi running.

 

165.....i wish! Probably be lucky to make the 120-125 on 18 pound.

 

Oh yeah thats right.

 

really only 125 on 18psi? I would have thought she'd make more than that. Not that 125rwkw in a 950ish kg car is slow by any stretch. FYI thats around 135kw/1000kg pretty much bang on the same as an E36 M3.

Oh well we'll see tomorrow I guess. I'd be happy with anything over 125 really.

 

Well, how'd old TAR go?

 

 

  • Author

Good mate running awesome...... as for power figures either Brad dyno was reading high last time or todays dyno is reading low. You'll see what I mean shortly when I upload the graph. Went for a test run along the highway 3rd gear roll on on a slightly wet road and lit up when it boosted!!

Not stressed about figures. The old "seat of your pants" dyno and 1/4mile trap speed are the only dynos that matter anyway.

It's a daily so it needs to behave and get good economy too.

  • Author

Yeah seat of the pants dyno tells me its running the best it ever has.....by a bit too. Unfortunately the 1/4 mile trap speed will have to wait a while yet. Our drag way is open again but currently only 1/8 until something is done about the condition of the run off area. I've got a vid queued for processing on youtube, will post it up when done. ;)

Yeah seat of the pants dyno tells me its running the best it ever has.....by a bit too.

 

Thats good to hear.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.