Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

Yeah would have been, what did you get out of that in the end? Needed more gearing though didn't it.

Speaking of which, there was a little hold up when I was in the staging lanes, guy called me over and asked about the bolt-on. Told him where I got them and stuff and said "have you got a corolla you want to put them on?"

him - "nah my mate here has a corolla with a v6 in it"

Me - "ah you've got the old red slut now?"

Owner - "....ah yeah its red" *funny look*

:yes:

Well done, is that 60 ft right? 1.28? can't be right at all ??????

if it is, sure its not a faulty timer, as the breakdown for the whole race and et vs mph is way off as

far as i can see ?

actually looks like more of a 2.0, 2.1 60 ft with et/mph?, otherwise

it should be in the 13's??

more boost, ha,ha, be interesting to see mph, vs psi gains.

whats your highest mph?, do you know what it weighs?what where you other 60ft's?

Does the strip not have half track mph/times, as that would also be a help in setting up the car

as you can breakdown where you lost time.

Well done, be good to see you times drop from here.

Is it open wheeler still?

cheers

darren

Darren

I said exactly the same thing ,its not i don't believe you Si but it just doesn't add up mate.

MAtt

Yeah I know, Nick could tell you what Tarmak is like, its not always the most accurate of timing. :yes:

Listen to the commentator at the end of the "bearing noise vid".

Since he had the handicap on me, it was probably the other cars back wheels or something that got taken as my 60' time maybe!? :lol:

Edited by Taz_Rx

1.28 would be on the back bumper..lol, and would run 13.1 in my head working

it out roughly. Well done though, theres heap more in it, you really need a locker

or lsd to get into the 1.8 60ft or below , and advans are probally 1.7/.1.6 capable with

caltracs and locker.

Still did better than i ever have, think mine only did 2.0's, 2.1's or something on 145's though.

Would be a large weight difference i would think, makes it a lot harder for you unfortunately.

Be good to crack the magic 100mph barrier, more boost!

I'll send you over my old hks turbo and you can give that a try...lol

I remember my wife running 14.4 at 91mph with a 2.0 60 ft in our stock v6 magna executive manual

yrs ago

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

Hell yeah can never have enough boost! :yes:

Got an S15 BB T28 with a steel wheel on the way thanks to loupee in the next couple of weeks so that'll fix the the boost situation. :lol:

However how much do you want for the 25/30 though Darren?

Is it still in good nick?

No way am i selling it, ha,ha, you can't buy them anymore, they are similiar

to a garret 2860 these days anyway, just a little tiny bit more top end, and a tiny bit less spool.

The S15 BB is probally a better choice for these motors anyway!, probally the best

i loved mine, it was awesome, for better response get a 15psi actautor for them, think the stock

one is pretty lazy from memory. I picked up a heap of spool and light throttle opening response

with a ebc, felt like the motor has a point more compression with it, has stock actuator(8psi??) and

running 20psi at the time.

Have you dynoed it again with the power you ran at the drags?, I am busting to know what a t25G

puts out, i had mine running flat out and it was the strongest spooling turbo and funniest coming on boost

was REALLY strong, just blacktracked .. guessing it was the .48 housing.

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

hehe, figured you would want to keep it for the 7k build anyway. Worth a try! :lol:

Thats unfortunately about the last we'll see of the T25G as it'll be coming off some time during the week and heading to Loupee. It wouldn't be making a whole heap more than the 100rwkw I made befor, only real changes that would effect power delivery are the light weight flywheel and T50. Everything else is the same apart from boost creaping up just slightly. Can feel a little more though - at a guess I'd say maybe just under 110rwkw.

Mine has a .48 on it too. yeah spools hard as but isn't real impressive after that. In 3rd say, you'll have full boost by about 3500rpm, then you can hear it come on cam, but doesn't really pull much harder through the rev range.

Maybe its also time to put this big cam in that I have with the T28 too!? :yes:

Might invest in a new 15psi actuator then, are you talking a HKS one? like the 1 BAR actuators?

15 is plenty for launching, think more would make me slower. So then I can flick the switch (or thinging of putting a 'scramble boost' button on the steering wheel) when I hit 2nd or 3rd. Kept finding the limiter (7000rpm) in first and second the other day too. hehe

hehe, figured you would want to keep it for the 7k build anyway. Worth a try! :lol:

Thats unfortunately about the last we'll see of the T25G as it'll be coming off some time during the week and heading to Loupee. It wouldn't be making a whole heap more than the 100rwkw I made befor, only real changes that would effect power delivery are the light weight flywheel and T50. Everything else is the same apart from boost creaping up just slightly. Can feel a little more though - at a guess I'd say maybe just under 110rwkw.

Mine has a .48 on it too. yeah spools hard as but isn't real impressive after that. In 3rd say, you'll have full boost by about 3500rpm, then you can hear it come on cam, but doesn't really pull much harder through the rev range.

Maybe its also time to put this big cam in that I have with the T28 too!? :yes:

Might invest in a new 15psi actuator then, are you talking a HKS one? like the 1 BAR actuators?

15 is plenty for launching, think more would make me slower. So then I can flick the switch (or thinging of putting a 'scramble boost' button on the steering wheel) when I hit 2nd or 3rd. Kept finding the limiter (7000rpm) in first and second the other day too. hehe

Does the boost drop off at all at higher RPM,i reckon you need a bigger comp wheel.Not sure changing the turbine end is the go but.

Matt

Nah doesn't drop off in boost.

Boost control with this turbo is actually really good, compared to say the TD04-L which would spike by 2-3psi.

Spool quick and hard to the desired pressure, no spiking at all, and sits constant until you grab another cog. :yes:

I'll wait and see what the A/R's are on this T28 then look at different covers etc, or maybe high flowing.

Be a .64 housing, all the nissan T28's with 25/28 footprints are(except the Gti-R), the .86's are

aftermarket garret usually(think the gtir had one though), and the .48's for nissans are only on the t25G's.

and the fronts are all the same unless you get a aftermarket garret, like the .70's like on the 2860RS etc.

Not that the big comp cover makes any difference on t28's except look pretty.

From memory the t28 comp wheel has 50 percent more flow than the T25G comp wheel.

I reckon my s15BB turbo had fullboost at 3800-4000could be wrong though, was a lllooonngg time ago,

Its not worth hi-flowing these days, changing a exhaust housing is the most i would do these days,

as garret make so many performance variants of the t28 its better just to buy one of theres so its all matched.

I reckon a S15 turbo with the .48 t25G exhaust would rule, but i reckon you will like the .64 housing on that

turbo i have a funny feeling.. with those wheels that are in them, they actually do work well with a 5K.

Cam wise you guys(and i have talked with matt about it before), need to muck around with lobe

separations, that cam you have taz is a big mother, but has a 108 lobe separition, thats alot for a turbo car

most 4 cyl have 112-114 typically at the most, you can tell its a atmo cam with that much overlap

Might be something in it, might not, but someones got to try it.

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

Be a .64 housing, all the nissan T28's with 25/28 footprints are(except the Gti-R), the .86's are

aftermarket garret usually(think the gtir had one though), and the .48's for nissans are only on the t25G's.

and the fronts are all the same unless you get a aftermarket garret, like the .70's like on the 2860RS etc.

Not that the big comp cover makes any difference on t28's except look pretty.

From memory the t28 comp wheel has 50 percent more flow than the T25G comp wheel.

I reckon my s15BB turbo had fullboost at 3800-4000could be wrong though, was a lllooonngg time ago,

Its not worth hi-flowing these days, changing a exhaust housing is the most i would do these days,

as garret make so many performance variants of the t28 its better just to buy one of theres so its all matched.

I reckon a S15 turbo with the .48 t25G exhaust would rule, but i reckon you will like the .64 housing on that

turbo i have a funny feeling.. with those wheels that are in them, they actually do work well with a 5K.

Cam wise you guys(and i have talked with matt about it before), need to muck around with lobe

separations, that cam you have taz is a big mother, but has a 108 lobe separition, thats alot for a turbo car

most 4 cyl have 112-114 typically at the most, you can tell its a atmo cam with that much overlap

Might be something in it, might not, but someones got to try it.

cheers

darren

Yes someones gotta do it,but i wonted to do one change at a time,my a/r is .48 with a comp wheel in between both sizes.

Ok if you want some more info,mine is off a SAAB 9000 2.3litre, the old garret part number is TB2531.

http://www.spooledmotorsports.com/turbocha...29_Turbocharger

Definately try and get the .48 rear housing and if you want it modded send it to me :yes:

Matt

Edited by madrolla68