Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Si's 5kte Ke55

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 793.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Looks a bit more like a motor again! Tried to bolt the manifold on this afternoon and managed to pull a stud out of the head 🤬 will have to wait until Monday now to get a helicoil for it. Once I'

  • So long overdue update. Guess I'll be doing what will become inevitable in a lot of backyard garages in the coming months (Hey let's look at the positives) and getting some work done in this!! Wh

  • Hehe....breaking traction in second....with the potenzas!

Posted Images

  • Author

Yeah I just gotta put it back together again some time this week and I'll come out.

I'll go down to the inspection station and get myself some calamari for dinner while I'm there! :jamie:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Fitted an S14 T28 with the .64 rear housing on Saturday.

 

The .64 makes general off-boost cruising duties a bit easier, and dare say more fuel efficient.

 

Spools at maybe 3500rpm, rather than 2500rpm. Gate pressure is at a lazy 8 psi and feel pretty pathetic compared to the T25G at gate pressure(10psi). Yeah maybe I'm making more top end power, but doesn't seem worth it without that BIG .48 push in the back!

 

Flick the switch and its a bit better! Data logger says I maxxed 14.4psi so I've got it set pretty well for the ceramic wheel. :(

Just keeps pulling harder and harder through the revs......don't think I've seen the shift light this much for a while! :bash:

 

Hoping to get it back out to the dragway this weekend if I'm lucky and then the proof will be in the pudding...or ET maybe. :y:

Fitted an S14 T28 with the .64 rear housing on Saturday.

 

The .64 makes general off-boost cruising duties a bit easier, and dare say more fuel efficient.

 

Spools at maybe 3500rpm, rather than 2500rpm. Gate pressure is at a lazy 8 psi and feel pretty pathetic compared to the T25G at gate pressure(10psi). Yeah maybe I'm making more top end power, but doesn't seem worth it without that BIG .48 push in the back!

 

Flick the switch and its a bit better! Data logger says I maxxed 14.4psi so I've got it set pretty well for the ceramic wheel. :(

Just keeps pulling harder and harder through the revs......don't think I've seen the shift light this much for a while! :bash:

 

Hoping to get it back out to the dragway this weekend if I'm lucky and then the proof will be in the pudding...or ET maybe. :y:

 

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

  • Author

Just use the motor thats in there dude! I highly doubt you'll kill it! :jamie:

The Fumey 4k bottom end in Dirt is the ex-turbo 4k that spend 2 years boosted, seeing up to 20+psi.

I just chucked a 3k head, carby and set of extractors on it and away she went again! :yes:

 

nice pic from the weekend's shoot....

 

post-1315-1226531987_thumb.jpg

Nice job this is starting to look sick!Well done. pity my engine don't look like that (N) some of the oil lines were too short so had to use garden hose :jamie: ghetto spec much. Finally got those bolts out so will rember to lock the dizzy this time :P

How much is efi's for k engines?

  • Author

Paid $250 for the EFI system, had to get bigger injectors, ECU, fuel fitting etc etc. Then tuning as well.

 

Do yourself a favour mate and go and get some correct size auto hose and piss off the garden hose. It'll get hot and crack or melt. Bad idea.

Haha yeh hose was just for the test runs before the headgasket blew.

Hmm might look into the efi system once i get it running

post-1315-1226531987_thumb.jpg

 

now thats a nice K engine!!

 

Always liked this car/build up, I might do a simple turbo 4K for myself day.

 

Cheers, Ben.

  • Author

thanks Ben, give me a yell if you ever needs some pointers when you build one then! :dance:

 

Did this specs list for Club-K, thought I might aswell chuck it up here also.....

 

Car:

1980 KE55E Corolla SE sedan. "Fawn" is what Toyota call the colour, but I like to refer to it as "Baby shit brown".

 

Engine:

Internally stock 5k, with Toyota D-dish pistons.

"Unknown cosworth cam" - in the block when I got it. But soon to be replaced with a bigger one.

3k big port head, with further porting to inlet and ex.

4k rocker gear, chevy lifters, and datsun A12 pushrods.

Genuine Toyota 5k head gasket.

2" Gilmer belt kit

VN Commonwhore radiator

Speedflow/AeroquipEarls oil, water, and fuel hoses and fittings

Wold 3D V4 ECU with hand controller

Wiring hidden throughout engine bay

 

Induction:

T25G with .48 rear or S14 T28 (Currently)

KR42R 7KE inlet manifold/throttle body/fuel rail

Mazda MX6 FMIC

Polished alloy cooler and inlet piping

Turbosmart silicone hoses and HD clamps

Turbosmart Type II BOV

Turbosmart switchable boost controller

K&N pod filter

 

Fuel:

60litre fuel cell

Lift pump, surge tank, and VL turbo main pump

3/8 fuel line send, stock send as return

Malpassi 1.7:1 rising rate FPR

7MGE 315cc injectors

 

Ignition:

External regulator type Electronic dizzy for pick-up and distrobution

Advance/retard control by ECU

M&W ignitor

Bosch HEC 12v coil

Topgun 10mm leads

 

Exhaust:

Custom made mandrel bend steam pipe manifold

Custom made split (wheel/gate) stainless steel dump pipe

2.5" exhaust with straight through muffler

 

Drivetrain:

Lightened flywheel - be about 3.5-4kg

Exedy Heavy Duty Cushioned Button clutch

K-T Cable bellhousing with TA22 20 spline T50 gearbox

Original Corolla tailshaft

Original Corolla diff, but I have Kouki rear end waiting to go in with and LSD

 

Exterior:

TE27 bolt-on flairs..... really gotta fit these properly!

Crystal square headlights

 

Interior:

S13 Silvia front seats

Momo steerer and TRD knob

Custon dash with: Stock speedo, speco tacho, boost, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure and volts guages

Hand controller mounted on dash

NO stereo

Also have an alloy bolt in roll cage waiting to be fitted

 

Suspension:

Front - Kings super low springs with some extra 'trimming', stock socks, but very soon to be replaced with AW11 Koni adjustables

Rear - Reset leaf springs and TRD 8 way adjustable shocks

Sway bars front and rear

 

Brakes:

Currently stock front and rear with high quality pads, but this is being rectified ASAP as they smell worse than my socks every time I 'drive' it.

 

Wheels/Tyres:

13x7 "Westerns" alloys

Yokahama Advan A032R(s) 205/60/13 tyres all round - I love them!

yay about time mate... i know alot of people have been waiting for that!

 

 

keep up the good work!! :dance:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.