Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Small update:

Sort of forgot about an ebay auction that was ending over the weekend. Got to work today and found that apparently I won an S15 ballbearing T28!!! :y:

So, depending on weather I go Mako fishing this W/E (as its Aus last weekend of it being legal) I might try and get the mazdas stereo install finished so that can come out of the shed (and stay tuned for a new projects thread for that).

"Tar" can then go into the shed for a much needed turbo and gasket change, as well as having the gilmer drive re-fitted (with the stainless sleeve) which I haven't got around to doing yet. I'll also finally connect my oil cooler which I was going to do over the easter break last year! :y:

Then its off to tarmak to crack a 13!!! :dance:

Wish that was the case for me! :y:

I need to get the mazda finished, thats really only waiting on me getting some LED strip off egay and doing final assembly.

....then I need to get this Tar stuff done......

....and then, I can finally start on this 4x4 monstrosity. :y:

Whats the go with yours? Lack of funds or something?

...oh and when are we doing your ktc setup? I reckon you should just get it running on orb (for uber dirt fun) and then transfer it into one of your other cars.

You know where I'll be at 7:30 tonight if you're bored! :dance:

You know where I'll be at 7:30 tonight if you're bored! :D

Haha, I wish, stuck at work at 7:30 at night..... :D

Mine is on a back burner due to having other things grabbing my attention, and a project that needs finishing ASAP..... Then it's money and parts etc....

4KTC is looking unlikely, as I have a 7KE mani upstairs and a SC14 to pipe into it as well, so still boost, just a better method. :D

So offer stands, if you need a hand, a spanner monkey or just someone to drink a few beers with, giz a hoy.

haha sure has when you put it that way!!!

I do miss the old torque monster CT12 setup..... and the TD04L for that matter too.

Would still love to do a twin turbo (maybe 7k) one day with a couple of CT12's. Just for the TT coolness. :D

Maybe that what I should do to Mud so I don't have to loose my aircon! :D

• 2 weeks later...
as I have a 7KE mani upstairs

You didn't happen to get that one oft ebay that was like $125 did you!?

Pinched Daim's what's to trial fit for offset purposes last night. They're 14x9 -19 with 185's stretched onto them. Would have preferred to do it with a squarer tyre but you get the idea of where the lip is.

Forgot I needed to borrow a bigger socket to get my spacer plates off the back...... so we put the -19 on with 27mm of spacers!!!! So you might as well say that these pic are with -36 offset! :)

post-1315-1264638053_thumb.jpg

post-1315-1264638090_thumb.jpg

Removing the spacers would have the lip pretty much in line with the edge of the flair.

Also tried them on the front....

post-1315-1264639206_thumb.jpg

post-1315-1264639251_thumb.jpg

post-1315-1264639307_thumb.jpg

which were near perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Small update: Recieved above mentioned ebay turbo last week...... however it has WAY too much play in the shaft! I contacted the seller and told him I want a refund as its not in "Perfect working order" as he put in his add. He's agreed to refund my money so I'll be sending it back tomorrow.

So now back to square one on the search for another turbo! :fuzz:

...and speaking of stuff arriving, have you got that big package here yet Ben? I want to come round and have a look at it all. :)