Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

Because pretty much everything was done with 'good engineering practice' there wasn't much at all that needed to change to. All I really needed to do was change the fuel system and address my track issues.

Now I can get back onto my other little projects like the sequential injection/quad coils etc.

That's right, i rememeber now.

I'm looking at buying LS1 coils for my BMW actually. I was gonna use one per cylinder, but then wire them in wasted spark configuration. (ive only got a crank signal with a missing tooth)

Do you know much about genuine vs copy? Best place to buy? Prices are all over the place on ebay. The respectable sellers i was looking at seemed to be about 260bucks a set of 8. which would be nice, 2 spares for for the glove box.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been meaning to do this update for about a month now.....

Finally got around to making new brackets for the 15" thermo fan I've had in the shed for about a year. The twin 10"s worked, but the new 15" drops temps a heap quicker. The brackets I originally made for the commonwhore radiator worked... but weren't pretty, so I combined the fan and top rad mounting bracket, made from 3mm alloy sheet. Bending it was fun in a home shed!

While I had it off the road I pulled the manifolds off for the first time in a couple of years.... The copper manifold gaskets I did the group buy of were the best investment ever!!!..... and gave everything a good clean up and re-polish.

post-1315-0-63321500-1489278493_thumb.jpg

post-1315-0-82469200-1489278512_thumb.jpg

In other news the clutch has started slipping again, but only when you flick the boost switch Grrr. When I changed it last time I did change the front main seal of the T50. Think maybe I've got a leaking rear main on the engine itself though. I work for 'Ten Days on the Island' now and festival is about to start, so when its all over at the end of the month I'll get the box out again in April and sort the slippage again.

• 5 months later...