Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Posting Ebay Links In For Sale

eBay links in For Sale 38 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we continute to allow ebay links in the for sale areas.

    • Yay
      13%
      5
    • Nay
      23%
      9
    • yes but MUST prefixed with ebay
      63%
      24

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't usually like polls but I thought I might just start this one (see reason below). Whats your opinion on the matter? Do you find them useful or annoying and pointless? Should we just enforce a rule that the titles must be prefixed with "ebay:"

 

Personally? I'm sick of editing every ebay post to put in an ebay prefix so people don't have to waste their time looking at some of the crap thats posted with amazingly vague topics... Most people on this forum should be able to use ebay by themselves.

I think they should be allowed but only if it clearly states that it is an ebay item and whether it is or is not that persons item!

John

Nay, Mikeys case is an exception but for australia people if you can't be bothered looking on ebay then you don't deserve to find cheap parts or cars.

nay, if i find some great bargin on ebay and some random posts it up for the world to see and jacks up the prices

simple if you don't want it don't click on the friggen link. is it really that hard to do or is it like a toddler at a carshow, unable to resist touching the shiney paint?

  • Author
simple if you don't want it don't click on the friggen link. is it really that hard to do or is it like a toddler at a carshow, unable to resist touching the shiney paint?

 

You're an idiot.

simple if you don't want it don't click on the friggen link. is it really that hard to do or is it like a toddler at a carshow, unable to resist touching the shiney paint?

 

i agree with this comment, no one is making you go into the thread or click on the link,

Edited by jamesrolla

The point is, it isnt prefixed and therefore is a waste of time to open that thread.

 

I myself find it annoying, particularly when its not a sale item from a club member.

I usually believe that if its is an ebay item that is not a sellers, then it should be posted in off-topic, because then it cannot be counted as 'postwhoring' and you are still doing the so-called 'good deed' by letting Rollaclub members know of a potential good deal, or hard to find parts.

 

It is a constant waste of time opening up a thread in the For Sale area and seeing it is just a link to the ebay auction, with little to none information about the item. Especially when its not an item that the user is selling.. This could all be settled by posting the 'Ebay:' prefix. We have to do it for EOIs, whats different about an eBay auction...

 

A suggestion that I could make regarding the issue is to use the 'Ebay:' prefix and demand a short description of the item that they are selling, along with there location as per other threads. And the item must be from a member, not someone else, like Raven suggested.

 

Dan

  • Author
I usually believe that if its is an ebay item that is not a sellers, then it should be posted in off-topic, because then it cannot be counted as 'postwhoring' and you are still doing the so-called 'good deed' by letting Rollaclub members know of a potential good deal, or hard to find parts.

 

I turned off post count in the for sale area recently to see if it would curb the post whoring in there (and if anyone would notice haha). The way I see it if you're interested in buying something your post count shouldn't matter.... (we'll see who's really the post whores when they reply aggressively against this action) Its not permanent...yet

 

A new forum buried deep inside off-topic may work. Its enough hidden that it doesn't drive up prices too much for people like Jason, but the people who insist on having eBay items have somewhere to look and it doesn't annoy me (and others in the same boat) because I don't have to look and moderate some of the shit people post. (Maybe we need an eBay only moderator?? lol) Opinions?

What is the go with the post count, I really don't see how having a high post score makes you any better than anyone, I myself have posted a few ebay links and i have posted them as:

 

Ebay: 1975 Corolla Panelvan - Damn I Wish I Had The $$ I Want Another 1

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...225&hl=ebay

 

Ebay: Ae82 Tacho Dash - Suit 4A-C (as it redlines at 6)

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...097&hl=ebay

 

Why do people think its so hard to make a post like that, From now on if i do another ebay link i will post it in the Off-Topic section.

  • Author
What is the go with the post count, I really don't see how having a high post score makes you any better than anyone, I myself have posted a few ebay links and i have posted them as:

 

On another big forum I administered I removed the post count all together. Unfortunately around here its about the only measure we've got of someones "experience".

 

From now on if i do another ebay link i will post it in the Off-Topic section.

 

And for now it'll be deleted. We've made no decisions yet...

  • Author

OK. We've decided we're going to trial an eBay area. If it dies, nothing lost. FROM NOW ON all ebay items are to be posted in the eBay area This will be added to the rules.

 

No post count incrementation, no topic bumping possible (it orders by first post date)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.