Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Storey Of A Skank, A Hardtop Ke55

Featured Replies

  • Author

All I can say is about freaking time!!!

I rang Toyota today and questioned where my parts where as I've been waiting ages!! And what did I get??

 

"Oh it just came in today" What a load of BS!! I use to spin that shit at maccas when I forgot to hand out an order when they were waiting. I'd say "It just came up" when really it was sitting there for a few mins.

 

Anyway the diff should be going on soon as these arrived today :y:

post-1158-1262088052_thumb.jpg

 

So not only will it be on its wheels again, it will have lowered suspension. :y:

 

I hope by the weekend at least. Means my dad gets one step closer to having the garage back. Also means I can drop her ass as really don't feel right having it so high. Afraid if it calls it will crash into my Subi or thru my bedroom :dance:

  • Replies 204
  • Views 94.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah parts arriving on time isn't to be relied upon, haha. I had a case once where i was ringing up to find out where my parts were. they literally arrived by courier when i was on the phone about to hassle them.lol.

 

Are they Brand new "spring pack holders" or what eva they are called ?

 

Goodluck with it, looks like your putting in a big effort

  • Author

Yeah brand new. Two of the were the last in Aus. Had them shipped from Syd. The other two had to come from Japan.

So Old...

post-1158-1262089537_thumb.jpg

New...

post-1158-1262090000_thumb.jpg

Before...

post-1158-1262090036_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1262090049_thumb.jpg

After...

post-1158-1262090084_thumb.jpg

Sooooon

post-1158-1262090130_thumb.jpg

:dance:

 

So can't wait!!

yeah that look heaps better, recently replaced the diff in my 35 and i reckon a set of those would have been a good edition

JIP,

 

I didn't appreciate all the difference in the post '81 models. I was down at a Vic DIY wreckers today and they had one. so different! wow. Not my cuppa tea but an awesome difference. congrats on the dedication.

 

bamboo

  • Author

thanks guys. Yeah well I must admit at first I didn't like the square look but it grew on me after seeing rollla's thread (I think thats what his name was. He had a focus orange square headlight sedan.) Over all I do think the square front looks best on the coupe over all the other models with the same front. And my least favourite would have to be the KE55 round headlight fronts.

 

But anyway my choice is kinda strategic anyway. Still not sure what engine to go into this beast in the long run but it may be just like Curly's wagon :dance: Either way the square grille leaves space between the grille and the rad support panel for an intercooler.

 

So anyway we'll see in the long run... :y:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well its been a while since I've had time to work on it. I should hopefully have some time tomorrow to finally chuck the diff in.

 

Here are some pics of the parts before and now ...

post-1158-1262861199_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1262861233_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1262861280_thumb.jpg

Looks good

You've got me thinking about the arse end of mine with cleaning up the U-bolts etc when i can get around to it.

  • Author

Is not happy. GRRR

 

Went to put the leafs on and notice the Nolathane bushes for the front eyes are totally wrong. So went back to Autobarn with my receipt. The guy at the counter was an absolute wanker. He checked the number on the packet against what was in the book, fine. I was suggesting that the packet may have been wrongly labelled. Anyway he was saying if they were to order another set in I would have to pay for freight. He kept trying to tell me to go to some other business and they will match the old ones. He kept asking if I wanted him to make up a part number. I wanted the correct part!

I ended up walking away pissed to get my money back from the managers. They were more understanding. As I kept saying. there is NO was that the bushes supplied would fit ANY of the KE55's.

 

Here's a pic...

post-1158-1262936992_thumb.jpg

Well, thats just phucking wonderful on all counts

As far as I know all Nolathane bushes for front eye of a corolla don't fit. The KE1X listed ones don't fit they fit KE20 I know but not 10 I have had this issue.

 

But arent KE30 leaf fronts same as KE2X? TRy ordering a set of KE2X ones.

 

Cameron

yeah super pro make one that will fit, i had the same issue when looking at noelethane ones

  • 2 weeks later...

First time reader, just went through the whole thread.

mate just wanna say top notch job so far!!

love the detail in assembling the diff, and the underbody looks clean as!

 

keep it up,

Mark

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.