The Storey Of A Skank, A Hardtop Ke55

JiP

thanks man. Turns out this car has had many rust repairs. We are cutting out the first now and its re rusted. That was wended with plates tho. The second had a plate super glued to the car behind the hole and the whole void was filled in with bog. Now we are cutting all that out and welding new plates.

I can't wait. Plenty more to do for next week. :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, sadly I haven't had the energy to do anything. I've had to force myself to do other things to make money so I can make my next car payment as my only income comes from my car and part sales. So when I'm not doing that I'm sleeping alot.

Today I bought myself some new bolts for the KE50 seats. I don't think I'll get around to it today but maybe in a few days I'll test fit them all and take some happy snaps. I was also hoping to drop the leafs and diff out so I can start working on them and the under carriage.

One thing I did end up doing is finally getting the 5K i bought years ago on the engine stand I bought years ago. Now I start pulling it apart and rebuilding it.

post-1158-1255573800_thumb.jpg

yea i kinda know the feeling when it comes to needing funds to continue a project and the time lol but slowly there is progress so thats the main thing that counts

just take your time its just a interesting build well done jip

Edited by Undertaker_is_the_best

Still thinking. Engine is a long way away still.

Here's what I did today...

Here we have the base rear bucket seat from my old KE50 liftback...

post-1158-1255749152_thumb.jpg

Normally the base rear seats in sedans and hardtops bolt in at the front only. So I've had to cut the back mounts off to ensure I can bolt the top back seat in.

post-1158-1255749211_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1255749267_thumb.jpg

And in...

post-1158-1255749310_thumb.jpg

Now I'll have to get it all recovered in the material that I want but it doesn't look too bad. Might just get the pattern in the back rest altered to match and see if we can adjust the springs to form some back buckets. If not that just some more padding for a headrest.

post-1158-1255749350_thumb.jpg

Now the fronts. They might not have a massive bucket but they are a Corolla seat that I can bolt right in and they have features.

As you can see there is a spring that is attached to the seat rails that you wouldn't find on normal seats. Its so the seat springs forward to help passengers in the rear get out.

post-1158-1255749480_thumb.jpg

As you can see that wire that is under the seat is so that when the seat reclines forward it triggers the seat to slide forward too.

post-1158-1255749541_thumb.jpg

The buckets aren't real huge but I'll see if i can get them stuffed a bit higher when they get recovered.

post-1158-1255749663_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1255749709_thumb.jpg