Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help!!!!

Featured Replies

Dam, parts for this car is CRAZY...

 

$5,000 for a clutch on a turbo car?!?!?! gtfOUT of here

 

put the original one in and sell the car, buy a new lancer evolution.

:yes:

  • Replies 80
  • Views 69.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Bill at ATS called me today to give me an update, the turbo has been rebuilt, and he's taking it to Toyota today or tomorrow, so it looks as though I may have my car back this week, (keep in mind that it's been almost - 3 days off - a month)....

 

I'm REALLY looking forward to getting her back.....

 

Lesley :evil:

Bill at ATS called me today to give me an update, the turbo has been rebuilt, and he's taking it to Toyota today or tomorrow, so it looks as though I may have my car back this week, (keep in mind that it's been almost - 3 days off - a month)....

 

I'm REALLY looking forward to getting her back.....

 

Lesley :evil:

 

Shite, it don't seem like that long, Fingers crossed that thats the last time its in for a fault.

I could go for the garrett, but I've spoken to a number of people and they've all pretty much said the same thing as you, ancullen... go with what Toyota have suggested

 

I'm sure a number of people on here also said the same as 'ancullen' but is only he worth a mention? :evil:

 

Best of luck with her and I hope you have her back soon.

 

Julez

still like to know what caused the problem with the turbo, if it was related to the oil light coming on or something else???

 

best of luck with it.

  • Author
I'm sure a number of people on here also said the same as 'ancullen' but is only he worth a mention? :evil:

 

you're right jules,there were a number of people who suggested a numberof options, and I'm sorry I didn't thank them all :D so a geat big thank you to everyone who offered their opinions, when I have the details I post them up....

  • Author

oh, Medicine Man, they don't lend me cars, I never sold my old car so I use that :evil: which makes me appreciate my rolla all the more )

  • Author

minor update:

 

they have the turbo and the new hoses and they're having it fitted tomorrow, running tests on Monday so I'll have it back on Tuesday (if all goes well)

 

by then it will have taken 1 month and 4 days, which means a total of.. I think 228 days in service since last January, hopefully this will be the last of the mechanical problems, I can't *touches wood* think there'd be anything else to go wrong...

 

Lesley :wink:

This car sounds alot like my sisters Celica. Her car lives up to its colour...Its a lemon!

She's on her P's, she gets the car registered, she damages the front right guard, right indicator and front bumper. minor problem, no worries.

A bit later on, she loses her lisence so car comes off road. goes back on the road and engine dies. Sits in the shed for a fair while getting a new engine. engine in, on road. bout 4 days later, back in the shed, the gearbox died. stays in the shed for about 1 week and gets a new gearbox put in.

goes back on the road for another week and she drives to sydney to visit family. front left wheel is loose. gets trailered back to bathurst then is back in the shed. Had a look and couldnt see a problem, dad pulled the front to peices, couldnt see a problem put it back together and it was all good. no more loose wheel. back on the road and came back to the shed numerous times for the problem of loose wheel. (we know what is wrong with it but hard to find the part to fix it.) the car has been good for a while until just the other day when the starter motor died.

But that will teach my sister for buying a celica...she should have bought a corolla. This is my "kinda related" story.

 

Good luck with your car though. Sad to hear its spent so much time in the shop.

Edited by KE70-from-mt-panorama

  • Author

got my car back, got my car back, GOT MY CAR BACK.. have to take it to ATS tomorrow and have it all checked out then I can get it dyno'd.. however they told me I'd have more power, can't see it yet, I'll let the dyno tell the tale once it's done....

 

Pics will be up tomorrow...

 

Lesley :P

Woot! hopefully no more problems!

  • Author

howdy :n:

 

Well as you know I got my car back....at first I wasn't impressed with the new turbo (it IS bigger - oh and it's an IHI) but it was taking longer to spool up than the old one, so when I was driving it like a normal car it wasn't terribly, well, exciting... so whereby before I'd give it a kick, on take off the turbo would spool up and I'd get the burst around 2300rpm so it was crazy at low revs... however, now it kicks in around 3300rpm and keeps going, and going and going, so torque steer isn't sp much of a problem now :D I spoke to one of my rally friends and he gave me a few tips on how to modify my driving to suit my new turbo and it's working out nicely... I'm sure I'm going to get a speeding ticket soon...

 

Lesley :(

hehe, just bring your revs up for a little while at the lights before lighting it up, i caught myself a couple of times getting used to a bigger turbo where i would just smoke the tyres. this was from holding the revs around 2500 at a busy roundabout or something, and then given it a gut full to get into a gap, and the turbo was already spinning quicker than normal. taught me a fair bit on launching a car. if you really wanna launch hard, don't just get the revs up and go, hold the revs up for a few seconds so the spool already is happening

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.