June 25, 200719 yr comment_183710 Picked this up today. Its been sitting under a tree in the hardcore rainforest near Kuranda for about 4 years... It has a wee bit of rust. And, to add some irony, it has one of these thingies It does, however, have a nice slick T50 and all the other conversion bits I need. Funniest bit was, I whacked a battery in, shlopped some fuel down the carb and it fired up after about 10 seconds :P Report
June 25, 200719 yr comment_183711 I saw the thread title and i thought that it would never be as rusted as that one in Malaysia that pops up from time to time. I was wrong. Hmmmm...... I had an Isuzu Bellett that was in similar condition. :P Edited June 25, 200719 yr by Redwarf Report
June 25, 200719 yr comment_183712 I'm sure someone would like the tail lights. It's not like you have to unbolt them. :P Report
June 25, 200719 yr comment_183714 I had one with bullet holes in it that was that rusty, don't have any good pic's. but a car like that is hard too find, nice score p.s. love the rust maker Report
June 25, 200719 yr Author comment_183715 Yeah... I was going to remove the driveline by wrapping a rope around the body and tying it to a tree.... then gunning it in reverse Report
June 25, 200719 yr comment_183717 Wow... Heh, I dare you to bog it up and attempt to get a roadworthy :P Report
June 25, 200719 yr Author comment_183718 Supercheap doesn't carry enough stock to bog this abomination up.... mind you, my last ke70 wagon gobbled up 5 litres of septone's finest filler and got through. Drove that one right around OZ in one trip :P Report
June 25, 200719 yr comment_183724 ROFL @ Rust Arrestor Someone needs to sue the company that made it.. Report
June 25, 200719 yr comment_183732 why is it that every rusty corolla i see has some kind of rust proofing, does it actually make the car go rustier? and really its common sence, leave your car in the weather it will rust, drive it on the beach and it will rust, i would dare say people have got cars worse than that into showroom condition Report
June 25, 200719 yr comment_183739 Ah if only it was silver, duct tape would have made that thing look like new :P Report
June 25, 200719 yr comment_183740 ITS STILL GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. Maybe not :wink: Hahah, thats insane :P Report
June 26, 200719 yr Author comment_183782 Ah if only it was silver, duct tape would have made that thing look like new :P Funny you should mention... My first ever road registered car (all those years ago) was a "packing tape brown" KE55... and that technique was utilised quite often. Although the tape needed replacing every few weeks when it lost its adhesive qualities and flapped off. :wink: Report
June 28, 200719 yr Author comment_184097 A piece of the lower rear 1/4 panel (complete with bumpstrip) fell off last night and set off the sonic detectors in the shed. Security company rings me at bumf@$k o'clock and I race down there expecting all my stuff gone.... Pffft. We had a cold snap up here last night so my theory is the metal (whats left of it) contracted and pulled itself away from the rust that was holding it there. Report
June 28, 200719 yr comment_184134 A piece of the lower rear 1/4 panel (complete with bumpstrip) fell off last night and set off the sonic detectors in the shed. Security company rings me at bumf@$k o'clock and I race down there expecting all my stuff gone.... Pffft. It was getting back at you... it liked kickin back under the tree! beerhead Posted Jun 25 2007, 11:22 PM Ah if only it was silver, duct tape would have made that thing look like new You can get Yellow duct tap at bunnings :dance: No-more-gaps is yellow isnt it? Might work a little better! demuire Posted Jun 25 2007, 10:03 PM Wow... Heh, I dare you to bog it up and attempt to get a roadworthy Haha, thats not 'rust' officer... thats a hole!!! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now