1uzfe Into Ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

don't let anyone put you off man, if thats what you want then i say go for it!. There is a sprinter in melbourne with a 1uz in it and its engineered, and i'm pretty sure there were no firewall mods either. They share the same engine bay so it should be a piece of piss. See how ya go.

True, run a w58 +Dellow kit and you'd get it in there without firewall mods. You just need an oversize shifter hole or a low mount custom gearbox cross member. R154 is a nicer box, but the install is a big job. Such a light car shouldn't be eating W boxes for lunch too easy anyway.

• 2 months later...

If I were to put a 1UZ-FE in a small car like a KE70 or AE86, I wouldn't cut the firewall. Instead I'd spend the money on getting someone to make the 1UZ-FE hook up to a Porsche 944/928 transaxle. That way the weight of the gearbox is transferred to the rear (the diff and transmission become one unit), taking a lot of weight away from the front and putting it to the back. Suddenly you go from really front heavy to only very slightly front heavy, possibly even evenly balanced. It'd cost a fair bit (mostly on getting the independent rear suspension setup), but damn it'd be worth it!!!