Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2nd Annual Rollaclub Great Ocean Rd Cruise

Featured Replies

  • Replies 167
  • Views 74.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arrrrgh talk about issues. My id matches my chassis, my engine number is on the vicroads system as in an ae82!! wtf!

 

My cars booked in for a rwc on thursday. But i can't get a permit at the moment cos of the system!

Edited by Clown

Clown! I am going through the same fun times!!

 

Just got the roadworthy check today, got a list of a million little things, but much more suspension components than i was expecting - so I literally have 2 days to find a suspension shop that'll practically replace the underside of my car.

 

This is in the midst of getting chassis rust repaired, fixing the rest of the list, and enrolling in uni tomorrow. Oh and work.

 

It's gonna be tight.......... *cross fingers*

The cars finished besides soldering two wires and getting two tyres, I finished it tonight. But while the engine numbers registerd as in another car i can't get a permit to drive it to get a road worthy or the vic roads vehicle inspection. I'm goin to jack up the car and grab the engine number off the block and hope its different, other wise I'm stuck waiting for a week+ while vicroads looks into it! I know the 4agze number is under the exhaust, can anyone tell me on the 4ac? I'm pretty annoyed, myself and a mate worked our asses off and rushed the body a bit to get it ready for the meet and now it looks like i wont be there in the corolla!

  • Author

Almost here!

 

I'm having trouble getting shit for the goodies bag... and the sticker guy jusst pulled out on me... well.... we wil see what happens!

 

AND, the Vals is still off the road... but its running and almost ready for a drive! yeeehar!

Lol it's so intense leading up to this cruise, i love it. Can't wait to see who's made it across the line come Saturday. :hmm:

haha, it's not who will make it, it's which car will make it... i might even have to bring the gold 55 again.

yeah i can't wait either, had a few kinks in the rolla that needed to be ironed out, all sorted nowe, going for a bit of a cruze tomorrow, get some k's under the belt :hmm:

Edited by pozman

haha - where are you at with your '20 at the moment tate? (p.s is that how you spell your name? i've prob asked a million times!!)

Sorted out the mess! Roady gets done at 1pm on thursday, vic roads check @ 4pm friday. Friday night stereo goes in hahahha.

Good to hear! dropping mine back to the mechanics fri morning to check off the list, then off to vicroads for 2:30pm. lets hope they don't pick on the 5k..................it's the only thing out of my control.

haha - where are you at with your '20 at the moment tate? (p.s is that how you spell your name? i've prob asked a million times!!)

yeah, the spelling is good on that shane, and you have asked a few times too :thumbsup:

 

my extractors aren't as thick on the mounting points as the inlet is, so they're leaking a bit (which is good for flames out the exhaust when backing off from +5k revs) but nothing else, gonna try doubling a gasket up to try and make the gap up, otherwise it'll be a bit noisy GOR run.

so it looks like you'll be in the '20 for the cruise? I'm still a go atm, if i've noticed anything this week its that fellow rollaclub members are always happy to help. It's nice after working in customer service/retail for the last year, i think i've seen the ugly side of humanity.

I'm soooo excited!!!!! :thumbsup: Can't wait!!!

 

BUT, I'm in the same boat as clown,shane n tate. Myself and stew have worked out the overheating problem with seca (we think :D ). I did a compression test about 6 months (or more) ago and found that No. 4 piston was down on comp. We worked out it is most likely the rings. I changed the water pump last weekend to try and solve the overheating issue and nothing happened. I wasn't going to go and get the radiator done because it was done a few years ago and still looks good. I drove it about 2 days ago, on that really cool day, and worked out that every time that I shift gears at 5000rpm or more the temp gauge would gradually go up towards the red. Today when I drove I was shifting about 4000 - 4500rpm max and the gauge wouldn't go past the 1/2 way mark. This to me indicates that the car is leaning out at approx 5000rpm and up. So I'm thinking of a fuel only computer to up the fuel ratio a bit. But with only 2 days to go I think I'll take it easy ("cough") to last the weekend. At least it will look good....hehe

 

Good luck to clown, shane and tate and I hope everything goes well. Can't wait to see all these beasts!!!

 

LB

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.