2nd Annual Rollaclub Great Ocean Rd Cruise

TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrrgh talk about issues. My id matches my chassis, my engine number is on the vicroads system as in an ae82!! wtf!

My cars booked in for a rwc on thursday. But i can't get a permit at the moment cos of the system!

Edited by Clown

Clown! I am going through the same fun times!!

Just got the roadworthy check today, got a list of a million little things, but much more suspension components than i was expecting - so I literally have 2 days to find a suspension shop that'll practically replace the underside of my car.

This is in the midst of getting chassis rust repaired, fixing the rest of the list, and enrolling in uni tomorrow. Oh and work.

It's gonna be tight.......... *cross fingers*

The cars finished besides soldering two wires and getting two tyres, I finished it tonight. But while the engine numbers registerd as in another car i can't get a permit to drive it to get a road worthy or the vic roads vehicle inspection. I'm goin to jack up the car and grab the engine number off the block and hope its different, other wise I'm stuck waiting for a week+ while vicroads looks into it! I know the 4agze number is under the exhaust, can anyone tell me on the 4ac? I'm pretty annoyed, myself and a mate worked our asses off and rushed the body a bit to get it ready for the meet and now it looks like i wont be there in the corolla!

haha - where are you at with your '20 at the moment tate? (p.s is that how you spell your name? i've prob asked a million times!!)

yeah, the spelling is good on that shane, and you have asked a few times too :thumbsup:

my extractors aren't as thick on the mounting points as the inlet is, so they're leaking a bit (which is good for flames out the exhaust when backing off from +5k revs) but nothing else, gonna try doubling a gasket up to try and make the gap up, otherwise it'll be a bit noisy GOR run.

so it looks like you'll be in the '20 for the cruise? I'm still a go atm, if i've noticed anything this week its that fellow rollaclub members are always happy to help. It's nice after working in customer service/retail for the last year, i think i've seen the ugly side of humanity.

I'm soooo excited!!!!! :thumbsup: Can't wait!!!

BUT, I'm in the same boat as clown,shane n tate. Myself and stew have worked out the overheating problem with seca (we think :D ). I did a compression test about 6 months (or more) ago and found that No. 4 piston was down on comp. We worked out it is most likely the rings. I changed the water pump last weekend to try and solve the overheating issue and nothing happened. I wasn't going to go and get the radiator done because it was done a few years ago and still looks good. I drove it about 2 days ago, on that really cool day, and worked out that every time that I shift gears at 5000rpm or more the temp gauge would gradually go up towards the red. Today when I drove I was shifting about 4000 - 4500rpm max and the gauge wouldn't go past the 1/2 way mark. This to me indicates that the car is leaning out at approx 5000rpm and up. So I'm thinking of a fuel only computer to up the fuel ratio a bit. But with only 2 days to go I think I'll take it easy ("cough") to last the weekend. At least it will look good....hehe

Good luck to clown, shane and tate and I hope everything goes well. Can't wait to see all these beasts!!!

LB