January 23, 200818 yr Author comment_222659 Ha, noisy hey tate??? idleing in my driveway had me in the shit mith Mel! Thats how noisy it is! LOL! A bit of rtv goo on a NEW gasket and you will be right, I had the same problem with the vals inlet manifold. Loks like everyone is getting close! Funny as watching the last minute dash... even mine! Had The Wagoon running but have had to pull one of the carbs off again to take it back and get a new mixture screw and sleeve put in... wasnt working properly so its running rich as! Just need filters! Anyway, we will all be meeting rather soon. I need to know who was planning to meet at the ring rd meet point? if noone was planning to meet there then we will make the meet point in torquay the first. I will be meeting up with people in torquay as I will be doubling back otherwise... that costs to much! The first Maccas on the way into Torquay (i think its on the right beside some shops... butI can't remember...) will be the meet point. I'm sorry its a bit vague but its all I can do as I havent made a trip out there yet. I should be there about 8 to 8:15am... Meet time at torquay is 8:30am and leaving at 9am (hopefully). can't wait to see you all there! JP. Report
January 23, 200818 yr comment_222721 looking forward to it mate, no matter what we're driving. :thumbsup: Report
January 24, 200818 yr comment_223029 If it's the Torquay Maccas, that's easy to find. The freeway will go from 100 to 80 to 60, you'll go through a set of lights at the top of a rise, and about 300 meters down the road on the right is the McDonalds. :) Report
January 24, 200818 yr comment_223048 almost there now.. one more day.. check list.. lowered with sway bar..check... serviced and tuned check.. cleaned and rebadged with two new rollaclub stickers..check and check.. can't wait.. see you all in torquay. Butty Report
January 24, 200818 yr comment_223097 went for RWC today picked: front left shock leaking. pulled it off the wreck, knew i should have got a knew one but thought that it was ok. brake soft lines. which we pulled off my wreck, obviously we missed the cracks. two bushes in front end, easy fixed hand brake cables not secure. Brakes draging. Got a few theorys on that, we thought it was the handbrake at first (hence not secured). After we left the RWC place josh (who was driving the corolla) got pulled up by plain clothed cops (we think they were) in a base spec VE commo (hubcaps!). They didnt' show badges or NOTHING! So yeah, today i felt like :). The cars really starting to give me the shits. Really starting to wish that i bought one built, or just dropped the money into the mr2! Or reg'd the mr2 while i got the corolla goin! Any idea's what time at geelong, and at Lorne? Report
January 24, 200818 yr comment_223098 Well i've just ticked everything off my roadworthy list, except suspension but thats in first thing tomorrow morning.....actually it'll be outside Pedders in 6 hours! Paul (pozman) has been around tonight (and many many before that) helping me with the list, can't believe I still don't know if my car will be on the cruise and it's tomorrow!! Wish me luck. :) Report
January 25, 200818 yr Author comment_223270 lets do it! Almost ready... funny calling everyone and hearing about al of the misshaps! WIll se who makes it` tomorrow morning! Joel, only timwe we have is leaving maccas in Torquay at 9am approx... sorry mate. Ok, EVERYONE... Take down my mobile Number... 0400843198 Callo me if ou have any problems. JP Report
January 25, 200818 yr comment_223330 Sif you women are leaving at 9am! Where is your sense of adventure!? I would've gone to see the penguin colony AND gotten back before you even arrive! :) Report
January 25, 200818 yr comment_223339 hahahahaa. Can't wait to see you guys at Torquay. Till then safe driving and hope all goes well for tomorrow. Matt. Report
January 25, 200818 yr Author comment_223381 Well its time.. Sadly, the Val is going to be left at home thismorning. have a rather large backpressure problem in the factory cast exhaust manifold that cannot be fixed before the run (need extractors) so I'm making the smart decision... and taking the VS. Bugger... Mind you, the vals running rich as and is still heating the manifold up to the point its glowing red hot after a 5 minute stint on the freeway! Imagine it after 4 hours! :) Well, I will be seeing you all at Torquay... now I had better go pack :dance: seriously! JP Report
January 25, 200818 yr comment_223390 Enjoy the weekend guys. New bubs has arrived so I am kinda busy at the moment :) Report
January 26, 200818 yr comment_223415 well the 86 just wasnt ready in time, and theres no way I'm goin to a rolla cruise in my vs ss! working on it at the moment, should be fired up on monday. hope the trip all goes to plan Report
January 27, 200818 yr comment_223592 Enjoy the weekend guys. New bubs has arrived so I am kinda busy at the moment :) Another? Sheesh, settle down boy. How many is this now, 2 or 3? Congrats. Report
January 27, 200818 yr comment_223636 Just checkin' in to let you know that its been an interesting trip so far. Expect a full story in the next few days haha. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now