2nd Annual Rollaclub Great Ocean Rd Cruise

TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magna = Not gonna break down. Nothing wrong with 157kw, a V6 and a 5 Speed Manual ;)

And hey, its much more comfortable than the KE36 :lol:

Comfortable eh you`ll have to come for a quick spin in my car she aint comfortable.

But in saying that if my mazda bt-50 handled anywhere near as good as the rolla id consider bringing it.

It will be good catching up again Mick either in a mitsu or rolla!!

stu.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... due to some problems over my way (my Mels in Hospital) I havent got the list etc up.... but heres the list anyway!

TheNOBBLER (VIC)

Teddy (QLD)

Raven (SA)

deri2k3 (VIC)

dfunkt (VIC)

Pozman (VIC)

AE70 (QLD)

kickn5k (VIC)

sheqel (VIC)

harun (?)

nickyboy (SA)

webers4x48 (VIC)

nawty4 (SA)

blacktopspirit (?)

78_7KRolla (VIC)

Clown (VIC)

KE10GIRL (VIC)

hy-rolla (VIC?)

butty (VIC)

Ok... a bit of a list there! didnt realise we had so many... and thats just the listed parties... not people they bring along. I will send a Pm to you all (if I can???) and get some intrest going again etc.

The date for the run is the Australia day long weekend, January 26th to 28th (Sat to Mon). The run should be heading to Portland (will be about a 5ish hour run for Vic and SA, maybe 6?) and staying for two nights.

This is dependant on accomodation etc... we will get to that shortly.

As for prices... I havent worked it out yet. It will incluse breakfast for one day (bbq bacon and eggs like last year) and a goodies bag with your map, hopefuly a sticker and variouse other bits of crap you may never use! Will let you all know when I get it done!

Cheers for now... throw up your thoughs please!

JP.

getting there! more consumables would be a good idea... and getting them to SA before the run would be good too!

The list will get bigger and smaller at the same time.. invites have been opened to the TCCAV as well as the Jap auto Club... but not completely open as such. Raven seems to be taking care of JAC for us all! Will be good!

The trip will have a few Vic meet points... SOuth Aus meet points are a little out of my reach! Will have to get someone onto that! Also... have to recruit some more SA guys and gals to come!

We will have our first meet point the same as last year. This will be at the Mobile/Macas INBOUND on the Western Ring Rd. This gave us a chance to eat some cardboard and have a fuel up before we make our way to the coast.

Last year we made the trip to Queenscliff for the second meet point but this really took up alot of time for us all... I have had a quick chat to the peninsula pussies (hehe) and had the idea of having a second meet point in Torquay (hopefully someone remembers that conversation!). This will make is easy for the few from Bacchus Marsh (I will be at all of the meet points from the ring rd) and will be an easy reach for our Ballarat contingent. Would assume it would be the same for Muller from bendigo... If I can get hold of him!

The trip will then get moving along to apollo bay for a decent break? Or maybe Lorn? I have to work out the distances between stops before we comit to anything. One main stop will most likely be in Warnambool, its about 3/4 of the way over to Portland and is a pretty decent place for a stop!

Remember, all of this is up for discussion... I need input from everyone to get this going in the right direction. Another thing is the 12 big things in the water somewhere along the way... pretty sure there before Portland? Would be a great stop too...

Ok... I ned to go to bed now... sleep can be a good thing!

Colin, you will be missed! But you had better not be missed by everyone at your place, you would be shot! Will catch you oneday!

JP.

just incase you were wondering why accommodation has been hard to come by, this link here will explain why!

thenobbler put me in charge of finding out what the 'big thing' happening in portland was over the aus day weekend...i couldn't find anything about the RC GOR run :D maybe we need better events managers :P

oh, and don't we all just want one of these... i know i'll be getting one, even if i have to steal it from someone HAHA

Edited by dfunkt

Last year we made the trip to Queenscliff for the second meet point but this really took up alot of time for us all... I have had a quick chat to the peninsula pussies (hehe) and had the idea of having a second meet point in Torquay (hopefully someone remembers that conversation!).

JP.

Mmmm if that was at the party mate it only got worse after you left, but i do sort of remember something about that.

Torquay is fine.

stu.

Hahahaha, that it was Stu!

Will give you a call and sort something out.

Appologies for not updating yet. I know this is close but things are hectic around here at the moment! To top it iff I'm off to Mildura for 2 weeks this weekend and I have 2 broken fingers! Typings no fun!

Ok... I am about to book accomodation. We have a place lined up now, they have told me to get in soon as they are filling up fast! As Tate has posted there is a big carnival on over the weekend so there will be plenty of eye candy for both sides of the fence available! Mind you... thats not the only highlight of the trip.

We will be at the Henty Bay Park Click!, a lovely looking Beachfront park with plenty of room for us all. I will be booking 10 sites I'm pretty sure... we have about 30 people interested (I have to update the list as some cannot come and some are bringing more). The sites are for one tent only though... or so they say... but there can be up to 6 people per site. So we should be right. Last year we had 8 sites and used about 3! I'm most likely not bringing the huge tent again... would be good though! will see what happens. If you want it for storage etc then let me know. If not, I will just campout in the back of the Wagoon!

OK... I need people to rely to my PM! I still don't know who is coming!

we have very few who have givin a yay or nay... mainly the peninsula group. And thankyou for your PM's/ We also have a couple of new additions who will be going on the list as soon as I have the time.

Have to go help the girl with the broken leg to bed... fun fun...

Night!