What Grinds My Gears.

what i hate, is when small jobs turn into large jobs for stupid reasons.

example, changing the oil and oil filter in the ke70 yesterday, estimated time, 30mins.

it went like this

-jack up car and put on jack stands (my car is far to low to get under with it off stands...)

-find oil catcher, undo sump plug, place oil catcher, go inside boil kettle, make coffee while oil drains.

-undo oil filter, throw in bin, fit new filter.

-drink coffee.

-do up sump plug, put in new oil, run engine, check level again. done.

-go inside to toilet, come out and spot a small puddle of oil under car.

-sump plug is leaking.

-so i do it up, and its still leaking, but only slowly. drop car off stands

-drive to supercheap auto, buy sump plug gasket (service guy assures me its correct size), but i buy some gasket material at same time "just in case"

-get home, drain oil into brand new oil catcher (to preserve my brand new penrite oil)

-new sump gasket doesnt fit, make new gasket from material.

-do up sump plug with new gasket, it still kinda leaks, but only weeping out.

-tip new oil back into engine.

-drop car onto ground, walk away annoyed and decide to play video games for several hours.

elapsed time? 3hrs 15mins.

and i still need to put the correct sized proper gasket in....

i should have left the bloody old oil in there!!!!!

Gasket goo my dear friend either that or thread sealent :D it makes it hard to get out the next time but it wont leak :P

WGMG: after several attempts at getting a ke70 5 speed into a 5k and k series clutch, it's finnaly in i've found out that

1. yelling and screaming at the gearbox 'get the f%@k in the fcuking car' DOES NOT INTIMIDATE IT INTO GOING WERE IT SHOULD

2. the above only makes you more and more angry everytime

3. after several cigarette's, a cup of coffee and applying for jobs coming back and TRY number 1 again, still doesn't work so.

4. get gearbox around about where it should be in the clutch turn motor over afew times by hand, spin tailshaft around various times, get angry, wobble and get your GRRRRR face on, hold your tongue right and it pops in just like that, clutch lined up fine

shows how much attention I pay to how I'm holding my tongue

IT WORKS KIDS HOLD YOUR TONGUE RIGHT AND IT GOES WERE YOU WANT IT TO GO AND DOES WHAT YOU WANT IT TO DO

Members dont see this ad

use a copper washer bro, and penrite oil sucks anyway :P

trev, whatever you were trying to do, next time...just don't.

or f@$k off vista, I'm pinning the fault with vista :D

slw42 be thankful its a nice lightweight box :bash: just shake the box, get some tension on the nuts and then swing off hte box if you have to, sounds like the splines are lining up alright but its hte last 10 mm you can't get, going into hte spigot bearing?

i ran out of fuel today, my gauge said i still had fuel.

that was a little annoying.

so i jump the sound barrier on the side of the highway, run to the servo, buy a jerry can, buy some diesel, run back, jump back over, put the 5 litres in, pump the hand primer til its hard, doesnt start.

do this a few times, and now my battery is starting to die.

ended up having to get hte old man to bring me 20 litres of fuel and prime the hand primer as we cranked the motor over to get hte air out of hte injector lines.

i now reak of diesel and got home 2 hours later than intended.

wee

use a copper washer bro, and penrite oil sucks anyway :P

trev, whatever you were trying to do, next time...just don't.

or f@$k off vista, I'm pinning the fault with vista :D

Off with the copper ones, proper toyota are a nylon type.

That's it, I didn't do shit, flash player needed an update and would not work because I didn't have admin privileges but it was actually adobe's program that was blocking me from running it as an admin, I consulted the trouble shooting pages and they said to change it and that is all.

I ended up fixing it myself.

slw42 be thankful its a nice lightweight box :D just shake the box, get some tension on the nuts and then swing off hte box if you have to, sounds like the splines are lining up alright but its hte last 10 mm you can't get, going into hte spigot bearing?

i ran out of fuel today, my gauge said i still had fuel.

that was a little annoying.

so i jump the sound barrier on the side of the highway, run to the servo, buy a jerry can, buy some diesel, run back, jump back over, put the 5 litres in, pump the hand primer til its hard, doesnt start.

do this a few times, and now my battery is starting to die.

ended up having to get hte old man to bring me 20 litres of fuel and prime the hand primer as we cranked the motor over to get hte air out of hte injector lines.

i now reak of diesel and got home 2 hours later than intended.

wee

Cheers man yeah i finally got the box in with alot of grunting and holding my tongue right abit like this :P

i remember having to do that while servicing trucks, and on call outs, it sucked so much reeking of diesel the rest of the day after only changing the fuel filter, well atleast you got home today thats the main thing

i remember having to do that while servicing trucks, and on call outs, it sucked so much reeking of diesel the rest of the day after only changing the fuel filter, well atleast you got home today thats the main thing

nothing beats the reeking smell of diff oil, you wash up/ get changed and you can still smell it!

Something else broke on the Vito today. Surprise sur-f@$king-prise.

Well, two things actually.

The light bulb in the ashtray blew.

And the driver's side sliding door doesn't unlock with the rest now, Has to be opened manually from the inside.

Sigh.

When will it end...

:D

Man, you better get that bulb fixed right quick, that's a major hazard to yourself, other road users, pedestrians and small furry marsupials.

Better be real careful where you drive lest you get an angry letter from the neighborhood watch....... :D

:laff:

Man, you better get that bulb fixed right quick, that's a major hazard to yourself, other road users, pedestrians and small furry marsupials.

Better be real careful where you drive lest you get an angry letter from the neighborhood watch....... :D

I like my little ashtray light... Its where I keep my coins to buy coffee at ungodly hours of the morning :D

Something else broke on the Vito today. Surprise sur-f@$king-prise.

Well, two things actually.

And the driver's side sliding door doesn't unlock with the rest now, Has to be opened manually from the inside.

Sigh.

When will it end..

when you sell the vito and buy a fiat ducaro

when you sell the vito and buy a fiat ducaro

You're kidding right? They're even worse! Only slightly more horrible than the Renault whateverthehellitwas...

Dude the one I TEST DROVE broke down. Fiat can't even build a CAR that lasts 60 thou, let alone a commercial vehicle.

Nope, I'm going back to a Hiace... Just like everyone else who's been burned by all these European shitheaps.

The last 4 gave me almost zero problems in over a million k's.

Edited by 7shades

wgmg - a c**t from work.

he gaves me shit, i give him shit and he loses the plot?

he told the whole workshop that i thought all petrol turbo cars had blow off valves/resurculation valves, and bagged me non stop. he was telling me how he wants to turbo his car with 4psi of boost on 11:1 compression ratio. "i don't want huge power just around 60kw" i told him he was a dickhead and was asked to leave me alone.

i don't talk to him, he doesnt talk to me. (loving work atm :D)

when i had my car on the pit he walked pass and went PFFFFFFFTTTTTT, i kindly asked "was that the noise of your mini spool blowing up on 4psi?" (he blew his diff yesterday on the way to work LOL) he gave me a dirtyy look and walked off?

i mind my business and somehow it becomes his? WTF

Edited by Evan G