What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

Yeah, and "bah bah rainbow sheep"? And some other name they came up with for fairy penguins!

Drives me crazy!

Calling fairy penguins "little penguins" and the homosexual community has taken the word "fairy" for themselves as a way to differentiate them selves from the hetrosexual community.

Politically correct enough for u?

Speeding...... Why the hell make a car go so fast when the speed limit max is 110km/h here...

Or Smoking, is bad, causes cancer (apparently) .... why still make them??

And guns and shit,...

God us humans make it soooo easy to kill one and another.. Money, its all it is. and the way we going it prolly going to end up in a depression.

Shit paper apparently is going to skyrocket in price.

Smacking a Child is a jail offense now.. or going to be. heard it on radio, and from a friend. i mean wtf? I'm one against smacking a child, but as a new parent I'm sure ill see myself Smacking our little girl on the hand for something she touched or done wrong. but you can get sent to jail and loose your child over a slap on the hand? BLAH!! http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0...607-911,00.html

WTF brought this on i don't know...

Edited by Falken_KE30

What a crock of crap....

At times the only way you can stop a kid from doing something that he/she is not suppose to do is to give them a wack on the bum or on the hand cause telling them no just does no-thing.

Like try telling it to a 2 year old who thinks its all just one big game that while he's bugging his older sister in pulling her hair, steeling off whatever she's trying to play with etc etc. You ask her to slap him back and she wont all she'll do is "stop it", "your hurting me", you've told him off time and time again. You send him to either the naughty corner or his bedroom and he settles down only to re-start after he's away from the naughty corner or where ever you sent him..... The only way is to give him a wack on the bum makes him pull his head in pretty fast

Yes, i give my kids a wack on the bum or hand only when its needed and deserved....

people who have no work ethic whatsoever

i just finished watching street customs on the discovery channel and couldn't believe how bad some of the workers who get paid to do awesome cars stand around and complain all day about how shitty their jobs are and that they either can't be farked working or want a raise.

i mean get over it, your getting paid to do something so do it. stop complaining.

^^^

Likewise.

3 strikes policy when I was growing up... if I didn't get the hint the first two times, I had nobody to blame but myself when the wooden spoon came out on the third.

Teaches you respect, and responsibility for your own actions.

my dad used to have 'the look'

if we were taking something too far or being naughty then he would point at us, click his fingers, and give us 'the look'.

every time he used to do it it would scare the crap out of us and we knew that the next thing would be the paddle.

the paddle actually still sits on top of our heater but hasn't been used in a verry long time.

i'll take a picture of it.

I copped the wooden spoon, the plastic spatula and the backhand from mum when I was growing up, its part of the reason I turned out with morales and a bit of self worth and respect for others.

Funnily enough, I turned out with all that stuff without once copping the hand/paddle/cane/whatever.

No upbringing is complete without a good smack on the arse. I'm sorry, but its the truth.

It goes along with other things like the threats to wash your mouth out with soap (I tempted fate once and found out that mum was serious) or to wipe that smile off your face before I do it for you! lol.

I'll never forget the day mum broke the wooden spoon on my backside, That was when she swapped to the plastic spatula, it would get a nice big whip on it and stung like hell.

Eventually, once we got too tall to look down at and whack with the kitchen tools, mum took to the slapping! haha. Single mum for a while with two boys, she had to do something.

then when my step dad came along, all he had to do was yell and it was scary enough, got into one major blue with him in the 11 years he has been with mum, and I came off second best (I was the one throwing punches, he just tried to restrain me! how that works I don't know!)

All this "love your children more rah rah rah" "they are sensitive beings" bullshit is exactly that.... BULLSHIT. Most of it is thought up by useless hippy bastards from bumf@$ker Idaho who have probably had no children or had the utter shit kicked out of them when they were younger, sure, thats not cool, but there is a big difference between a clip under the ear and a beating.

To them, I say, Toughen up princess, find something else to whinge about, let people discipline their kids how they see fit.

don't get me started on parents that don't discipline their kids and let the little f@$kers run wild! I could rant all *** day.