What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

WGMG - found out this morning when getting new tyres for the ST162 that one of the wheels was buckled (which was the main reason that the tyre was leaking, mainly because the 6-year old tyre had gone rock-hard). Haven't put the new tyres back on the Celica yet, hopefully it'll hold enough pressure to get down to Toyotafest and back before it gets removed again to get the buckles rolled out.

WGMG - attension seeking footballers who should get over them selves and go blow a goat

You're not talking about Fevola are you? PRESSURE POINT naaahrrgh!!

Whatever happened to being able to buy half decent runabout cars for under $500?

You know the funny thing is that when I was 17 we used to get them, with rego, for 100 bucks!

My mate bought a ke10 for 50, my ex rolled it on the buggy track at port gawler, he drove it for another month until rego ran out with crumpled C pillars, rear window popped out 20mm and oil stains down the front gaurd, then he sold it for 75 bucks!

I've got pics of that car somewhere, I wonder what happened to it...

body deadener is easy with 5kg of dry ice, working in small patches letting it freeze for about 10 minutes then hit it with a hammer.

and cheap cars seem to have gone the way of the dodo bird :) just look at the stupid prices charged for ke70s that used to be given away...

body deadener is easy with 5kg of dry ice, working in small patches letting it freeze for about 10 minutes then hit it with a hammer.

and cheap cars seem to have gone the way of the dodo bird :) just look at the stupid prices charged for ke70s that used to be given away...

WGMW - wtf is it with stupid priced corolla's! this bloke on ebay wanting to sell a ke35 thats in need for a paint job for $4000 and buy it now price $6000 WTF?

and a ke70 with 55,000km for $3500??????

Those are very low K's.. :)

Mmm but I think the older a car gets the less Ks mean anything. The rubbers are still going to be cracked, the shockies will probably still already be leaking, rust has still had enough time to take hold etc.

Even if it were a highly collectible car, the KMs are still not enough to warrant a price jack on their own. If it were sub 10,000km then you might have a reason.