What Grinds My Gears.

I'm considering the fact that we might end up with one of those roof things (or towing a trailer on holidays) once we have kids.

We've got a wagon (VE) but with kid/s in the back seat, dog in the rear cargo area.... it doesnt leave much room for luggage

I looked at those cargo pods but bought one of those baskets instead. May not be lockable but it carry more or i can spread the load out across the basket and have a lower surface area, and when its not being used its hanging from the ceiling just above the garage roller door.

It also goes beyond judgement that when we've had the basket sitting on car we've used less fuel (average about a liter) on the open road. I've done more back to back testing then i'd like to throw the basket at.

Our next step is a trailer. Fuel use will go up but with the ability to do more with a trailer, like carrying general crap you don't want in the car (warring kids ?) i think out weighs the extra fuel.

Members dont see this ad

I was more thinking the waterproof side was the main positive of the pods (locking too I suppose)

its funny the difference a little thing can make, just with the carbra on the front of the wagon, we were using an extra .5-.8L per 100km compared to the driving we did without (on recent honeymoon)

obviously the driving conditions are always going to vary and alter the exact figures, but from what I saw, the carbra definitely reduces the aerodynamics of the front.

Those pods seem to be all the rage with snow season yuppies too

Like ʞ©$ɟ you spend over a million pounds on a Agera and you go hmm I wanna bring like 5 more t shirts with me, in my car that will do 400km/h but probably won't any more because of this sick box.

Why don't they just take their Range Rover or one of the several other cars I would assume they have.

New-Koenigsegg-supercar-With-ski-Box-in-The-Roof-1.jpg

jon-olsson-audi-r8-stasis-carbon.jpg

jon-olsson-lambo-2.jpg

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

Just to clarify, my comment was in reference to adding roof racks/cargo pods as a fashion statement, rather than a functional necessity. IMHO, if you're buying a supercar & want to transport cargo, you're buying the wrong car.

I tend to live life with my tongue in one cheek & my foot in the other.