Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

Okay.

 

Run into the ground? How so?

 

Better off than people not being into them at all and them getting sent to the crushers???

 

WGMG.. People who start a project, pull a car to pieces, and then want decent money for it. lol. I can buy a complete car for that.

 

Also a chick ran into my daily on a Sunday morning :(

 

Here is a good example of a shitbox: http://www.rollaclub...0ae71-for-sale/

 

Needed springs, diff, rust repairs, interior, has wiring issues, needs a radiator but he thought it was still worth $1250 but said that I shouldn't be buying an E7 because they should only be used as drift cars.

 

This mentality is what has ʞ©$ɟed me off.

 

WGMG.. People who start a project, pull a car to pieces, and then want decent money for it. lol. I can buy a complete car for that.

 

Oh look, this sounds like all the drift cars that are for sale.

Edited by Trev

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

So why not spend it on a good set of tires and coilovers instead?

 

So why not take the next step of avoiding as much body damage as possible, avoiding subjecting the car to borderline mechanical abuse, avoiding massive tyre bills, get traction & go fast instead? I don't understand it, if you're spinning the wheels, you're not going as fast as you could be. I'm not bagging drifting here, so don't involve me in that one. I have no interest in it, therefore I ignore it.

 

P.S - What I would like to see is someone like Lloyd Smith or Matt Harvey in a rally car on a non-tarmac stage.

I understand. I really do. I love E7's too. And it is sad to see alot of them go but if their card's up, it's up.

But I would rather see some kid in a banged up old Corolla getting out there and getting into it than (because I hate this) some ʇ~~ɔ in $100k tow car, with an equally expensive track car on the trailer behind, then only to see him act like a complete tosser on the track.

Luke Fink was driving in the same practice runs as a local guy I know (was his first time sliding) and Fink was using the bumper of his car to PUSH him around the track. Push. What kind of ʞ©$ɟed up attitude must he have?

Luke Fink and Rob White, those are the kinds of people that are killing drifting. Not Corollas.

So why not take the next step of avoiding as much body damage as possible, avoiding subjecting the car to borderline mechanical abuse, avoiding massive tyre bills, get traction & go fast instead? I don't understand it, if you're spinning the wheels, you're not going as fast as you could be. I'm not bagging drifting here, so don't involve me in that one. I have no interest in it, therefore I ignore it.

 

P.S - What I would like to see is someone like Lloyd Smith or Matt Harvey in a rally car on a non-tarmac stage.

 

I love rally etc too carbonboy. I love most motorsport. I don't particularly enjoy watching Lloyd Smith etc. I prefer watching Hibino pulling 200+kmh entries in D1.

I understand. I really do. I love E7's too. And it is sad to see alot of them go but if their card's up, it's up.

But I would rather see some kid in a banged up old Corolla getting out there and getting into it than (because I hate this) some ʇ~~ɔ in $100k tow car, with an equally expensive track car on the trailer behind, then only to see him act like a complete tosser on the track.

Luke Fink was driving in the same practice runs as a local guy I know (was his first time sliding) and Fink was using the bumper of his car to PUSH him around the track. Push. What kind of ʞ©$ɟed up attitude must he have?

Luke Fink and Rob White, those are the kinds of people that are killing drifting. Not Corollas.

 

I fail to see how Rob is killing it, he had his car as a daily driver, used to drive it to and from our workshop and even to the track but he decided to go bigger and take it to the track fulltime, he has a good attitude and doesn't think he is above everyone else because he is a drifter. Oh and he even rocked up one night in his business suit to get his car.

I fail to see how Rob is killing it, he had his car as a daily driver, used to drive it to and from our workshop and even to the track but he decided to go bigger and take it to the track fulltime, he has a good attitude and doesn't think he is above everyone else because he is a drifter. Oh and he even rocked up one night in his business suit to get his car.

 

Because he's a douchebag. Walks around thinking he's king shit.

I don't really care what he "used to be", he's a douche now. Or acts like one anyway.

Edited by Willis

So his attitude has changed since the last time I seen him.

 

So now we come to the conclusion that you can have an opinion on drifting but Reed and I can't?

 

You see 2 douche bags, I see several.

I'm only voicing my opinion because you two voice yours so often. I try and keep it to myself most of the time but occasionally I'll let it go.

You can have whatever opinion you want, keep it to yourself more often and we won't end up having little internet arguments all the time.

just don't make it too personal.

:jamie:

The thing is, You guys get so bent out of shape when a few hundred ke70's out of like 1/2 a million get drifted..

 

Yet when people put rb30's in 1 in 100 ke20's for the purpose of drag racing you all touch yourself a little. And is that simply because it's drag racing not drifting?

 

 

I just don't see why this shit gets brought up everytime i post something? I don't even own a fcking ke70.. You guys are the ones with them. I'm not a uleh illest stickering maccas carpark mechanic..

 

Yes there are twats that have the 'omg drift damage uleh sick' mentality, but not everyone is like that. That's called being stereotypical. You don't see me ripping shit on your cars all the time, i understand you don't like drift, yet everytime you post i don't go 'lol omg circuit racing sucks eadc'

I've said i dislike nascar, i left it at that, and i've probably mentioned other forms of motorsport as well but not EVERY FARKINGGGGG DAY.

 

Shit happens and cars get bent, it's motorsport, it's not avoidable. So why not spend the time and money on getting it running better and more fun and competitive rather than having an autosalon paintjob that'll could get wiped out at any time.

 

Not all people are big budget, as i said we don't all have mummy and daddy's money, sorry everyone who enjoys drifting doesn't $25000 to turn it into a show car for your enjoyment.

 

I'm going to try and let this slide and end. I've said what i want to say. And you guys have had your opinions as well. So why not just leave it off everyone's topics now hey?

Edited by Jono.C

I said I didn't want to see a nice looking car get ruined which was in no way a reply to anything you said, you are the one that came in here and had a whine about it.

I took it here in an attempt to keep it off peoples ride threads and questions.

I took it here in an attempt to keep it off peoples ride threads and questions.

 

Perhaps you should read on from here and started it off in a thread...

 

You basically said you shouldn't have a locker if you don't drift.

Edited by Trev

My point was basically i don't see why it has a weldy if it's basically a daily from what i can work out..

 

Makes it a bitch to park and wears out tires. MOST welded diffs are used in drifting. Or cheap rallying. For circuit racing or most other autosports an LSD used... A weldy isn't an LSD to state the obvious.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.