1981 Ke55 Xx

Murd 55

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have spent a bit of time doing that, looks great! :y:

ah yes indeed. couldnt find a paintbrush so i had to mask the letters up. so i actually had to cut them out then clean tiny bits where black paint got on the letterin with some petrol :dance: but yeah it looks way better. next i have to spray my window wipers. :cool: and my real light surrounds. but i don't kno if to go for black or chrome..

i think ill go with the ones i have and maybe the black I'm thinking. just sanded back my windscreen wipers and given them a coat of paint they were bad they were like poka dot cos the paint was all coming off. thank god for engine paint. that stuff wont come off :y:

but yes I'm definately favouring the black atm as my body kit is black and the new splitter coming will probably be done black too. and then the new bumpers will be a nice little addition of chrome.

well my dad bought it for $400 after his motorbike was stolen out the drive... then rents spent money fixin it up for my 16th birthday so total spent roughly $1000-$1500 i guess.

on my 16th i gave dad the $400 he paid initially for the car. so i paid $400 for a $1000 car :y:

today once again i got bored and attacked my car with a bit of paint =]

i need to get down to a high pressure cleaner and give it a good clean up and then respray the radiator better but it was just a 5 min spray on that to make it look a little nicer on the eyes. same with the air filter thing.

here is a picture. will get more once i have cleaned it up better =]

302uh5j.jpg

i did the blue bits today as well. put a little more time into them.

there is a wiring mess as well. too many fancies :D remote central locking alarm stereo + sub

and also featured next to the battery is my magic box with a button to start the engine.

EDIT: another photo

j7uwpk.jpg

Edited by Murderess-KE55

have some. but wanna let the paint sit well and nice before i touch it :y: I'm back at school tomorrow so on the weekend i mite attack it with degreaser and a high pressure washer =]

For hard baked on grease around the cross members ect I use home brand oven cleaner the one for cold ovens, it is a caustic base so don't get it on any Aluminum or on your skin. follow the directions. it works a treat